Royalty Tours USA

Monday, September 6, 2010

Royalty w/o 8/30 in review

10his week was a busy one home and away.

Monday night after work I went to Yankee Stadium to see the Yankees take on the Oakland Athletics.

More importantly before the game my goal was to get downstairs before batting practice ended.

Luckily I walked into the stadium just in time.

I went to the leftfield bullpen area because I wanted to try and see Gio Gonzalez who pitches for the Athletics.

Afterwards, I went upstairs to my seat in section 420B row 7 to eat the corned beef sandwich I bought at the Court Deli Restaurant on the way in to the Stadium.

After I ate, I was ready for game action.

With Trevor Cahill, the A's ace on the mound, I expected to see a good game.

The A's got him 3 runs before he even threw a pitch.

I got my hopes up only to have them dampened in the bottom of the first inning when the Yankees came right back with 3 runs to tie the score after the first inning.

Dustin Moseley who started the game for the Yankees, settled down and pitched well.

Trevor Cahill, much to my surprise got rocked again in the third and fifth innings.

He gave up back to back home runs to Mark Teixeira and Robinson Cano. Marcus Thames added a three run shot to finally send Cahill to the showers after he gave up 8 earned runs.

He came in with a 2.43 ERA before that game.

I guess he was due to get bombed and he did.

The Yankees went on to win, 11-5!

Tuesday night it looked like a replay in the Bronx as the A's got hammered again by the Yankees, 9-3!

The Yankees scored all 9 runs in the first four innings.

Nick Swisher, Mark Teixeira and Curtis Granderson led the assault of Vin Mazzaro, the Athletics starter by hitting home runs.

Wednesday night I left work knowing I had 5 days off until I returned to work.

I went back to Yankee Stadium hoping to see the Athletics win a game before I left town.

This time they came back from a 4-0 deficit after 2 innings thanks to poor defense by their starting pitcher Brett Anderson who couldn't catch a ball at first base that lead to 3 unearned runs.

His teammates fought back to get within one but they couldn't take the lead and they wound up losing, 4-3!

Thursday morning I went to Seattle to spend the Labor Day weekend in the Great Northwest!

For the rest of those details, please stay tuned.

Thank you for reading and following along.

Yours truly,

Gary Herman

No comments: