Royalty Tours USA

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Royalty meets up with one of the ESPN.com Page 2 Editors at Yankee Stadium!

Sunday the King and I were back in the Bronx to see the Yankees play the Tigers in the afternoon and then we went to Madison Square Garden to see the Knicks play too. By doing so it wrapped up seeing 8 games in  a 4 day stretch if you weren't counting or keeping track.

During the week, I received an e-mail from Thomas Neumann, who happens to be one of the editors for ESPN.com Page 2. He asked me if I was willing to answer some questions for him. He said he was planning to do a story on "superfans". The King and I fit that category perfectly. I e-mailed him my answers.

Ironically Saturday night I received an e-mail from him saying he was going to be at the Yankee game Sunday and he wanted to see if the King and I were going to be there too. I wrote him back and I told him we were. With that being said, we arranged to meet up.

Thomas proceeded to ask the King some questions. The King complied with some input. He said he's working on the story and once it's published he said he'll let us know.

Ironically he got in touch with the Buffalo Boys as well. He mentioned to me that they had our Net tickets for the Heat game. I told him yes they do. He said he was going to that game too.

I told him that Andrew Kulyk and Peter Farrell from Buffalo are good guys. We meet up with them every so often. Whenever we need Sabre tickets they always arrange to accomodate us. This time it was our turn to take care of them.

We're looking forward to the story that's going to be written. It will be interesting to see if we know any of the other people who get mentioned.

As for the game we saw, the Yankees suffered their first loss of the young season as they fell, 10-7. Thomas being a Tiger fan was a very happy man.

After the game, we parted ways. I look forward to being in touch with him.

After the game, the King and I made our way downtown on the D train as we headed to the Garden to see the Knicks play the Cavaliers.

The question was will the Knicks beat them for the first time this season. They came into the game 0-3.

The answer was yes. The Knicks got off to a big lead but the Cavaliers got back into it in the third quarter to put a scare into the crowd but the Knicks managed to pull away in the fourth quarter to win, 123-107.

With the victory, the Knicks clinched their first playoff berth in 7 years.

Thank you for reading and following along.

Yours truly,

Gary Herman

No comments: