Royalty Tours USA

Friday, September 23, 2011

Royalty w/o 9/12 in review

After entertaining and enjoying company over the 9/11 weekend, I got back to my normal local routine as I went to Citi Field after work Monday night, Tuesday night and Wednesday night.

As for the games I saw, the Mets played the surging Washington Nationals who recently got their young phenom Stephen Strasburg back after he underwent surgery that kept him out of action for a year. Ironically the King and I saw him last pitch in Philadelphia on August 21, 2010. That was first and only time we've seen him pitch in person. He looked great until he hurt his arm in the 5th inning.

Strasburg pitched in Washington on Sunday so he missed pitching at Citi Field. The Nationals didn't need him as they beat the Mets in the three games I saw them play. They won by the scores of 3-2 Monday and Tuesday night and 2-0 on Wednesday night.

Thankfully I was working Thursday afternoon as the Nationals completed the four game sweep of the Mets.
I went home after work to rest up Thursday night. I wound up with a rare Friday night off due to the odd schedule making. Both the Mets and Yankees were on the road for the weekend.

Speaking of the weekend, the King and I were joined by our friends and royalty regulars Manny Morales, Frank Anichiarico and Al Linderman on Saturday as I rented a car from Avis for the weekend and I drove us down to Baltimore to see the Orioles play the Angels at Oriole Park at Camden Yards.

Before the game, we met up with our pal Peter Agnew who lives in Baltimore and his friend Jim who joined us as well. We all went to one of our favorite places when we go down there, that being Looney's Pub. As usual, the food and service was second to none. Billy the chef cooked us up some great chicken wings and burgers. Manny in particular was raving about it. It was music to my ears. Royalty aims to please not tease. When I write the script, people aren't disappointed with the results.

After we all enjoyed the great meal we headed over to the ballpark. I want to thank Peter for accomodating us all by getting us the tickets. As always, he gave us his version of royal treatment.

I always looking forward to going to Baltimore just so I can meet up with Peter. He's such a good man.
After the game we saw which the Orioles won 6-2, we drove back home. The game was over in the first inning as the Orioles scored five runs off Angels' starter Ervin Santana who the King and I saw throw a no-hitter in Cleveland on July 27th. After getting roughed up in the first inning, Santana settled down but he dug too deep of a hole for himself and his team to dig out of. Zach Britton of the Orioles pitched well for seven innings allowing just three hits and one run to earn the victory.

Sunday the King and I went to MetLife Stadium to see the Jets play the Jacksonville Jaguars. We met up with our friend and royalty regular, Rich Wolber aka Staten Island Rich who joined us for the Jet game.
The Jets came out like a house on fire as they built an early 9-0 lead early in the first quarter. They went on to cruise to a dominant 32-3 beating of the Jaguars. It was quite a contrast from their subpar opening game performance against the Cowboys which they were very fortunate to win.

After the game, we drove down to Philadelphia to see the Phillies play the Cardinals in Sunday night baseball at Citizens Bank Park.

The Cardinals were trying to keep their playoff hopes alive and they did by beating the Phillies, 5-0 behind Chris Carpenter who threw eight shutout innings to earn the victory for the Redbirds.

After the game, I drove us back home and another week was in the books.

Stay tuned for the special post I'm going to write about a guy who always makes our visit to Citi Field worth it the moment he greets us when we step foot on the premises.

Thank you for reading and following along.

Yours truly,

Gary Herman

No comments: