Royalty Tours USA

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Royalty w/o 9/19 in review

Yankees Clinch AL East!
After going to work exhausted Monday I still found enough energy to go out to MetLife Stadium to see Monday Night Football as the New York Giants played host to the St. Louis Rams.

After a gut wrenching bus ride from the Port Authority Bus Terminal during rush hour, I finally arrived. It took only a mere one hour and 34 minutes to get there. Trust me that's no exaggeration. I told the King to take the train out there since he was leaving later than me. Thankfully he got out there about five minutes after I did.

We rounded up some tickets once we finally got there. We went inside and barely made the opening kickoff but luckily we did.

As for the game we saw, the Giants didn't play great but they managed to beat the hapless Rams, 28-16. Their defense played well as they pressured Rams' second year quarterback Sam Bradford all night long.
The Rams were settling for field goals when they had chances to score while the Giants were able to put up touchdowns including one that Domenik Hixon juggled before catching it in the end zone. Unfortunately it was a very costing catch as he tore his ACL in his knee again and he's out for the rest of the season for the second straight year. On the positive side, the Giants came out victorious on the scoreboard.

Tuesday night after work I went up to the Bronx to see the Yankees play the Tampa Bay Rays. I showed some of my co-workers the royal way there. When we got off the train, I heard somebody call my name. Ironically it was a friend of the family, Danny Michaelson who took his step daughter Deanna to the game. It was a pleasant surprise to see them. I haven't seen them in a very long time. As I like to say, timing is everything. I asked them where their seats were, they told me they were sitting upstairs near third base. I told them come with me, I'll give you an upgrade. True to my word, I did just that. Needless to say, Danny and Deanna were very grateful for the opportunity. They had a blast. They got to see me and the Yankees won, 5-0. I was thrilled that we got to meet up by surprise. We exchanged contact information so we can plan to meet up again in the future.

Wednesday night after work I went back for more baseball in the Bronx. The game was delayed an hour and two minutes at the start by rain. Once it finally got underway, the Yankees took a early 2-0 lead but the Rays fought back to tie the game at two which deprived CC Sabathia of winning his 20th game of the season. The Yankees did score the go ahead runs in the bottom of the eighth inning as they scored two to take a 4-2 lead. That's the way it ended. Since the Boston Red Sox lost, the Yankees with their victory clinched the American League Eastern Division.

Thursday night after work I went back up to the Bronx for the finale of this four game series as the game that was rained out on July 8th was made up on this night. With nothing really to play for except for home field advantage through the ALCS, the Yankees got tossed a beating. The Rays came out with their hitting shoes on as they raced out to a 13-0 lead after five innings. The Yankees fought back but they fall short in this one, 15-8.

Friday night with the Mets and the Yankees both home, mother nature got in the way. As a result, both games were postponed. With that being said, we got to witness a rare major league tripleheader.

Saturday afternoon the Mets played the Philadelphia Phillies in a day night doubleheader with the first game starting at 1:10PM and the second game at 7:10PM. The Yankees were scheduled to play the Boston Red Sox at 4:10PM on Fox.

Stay tuned for the special post I'm going to do about this unique day and weekend in NYC.

Thank you for reading and following along.

Yours truly,

Gary Herman

No comments: