Royalty Tours USA

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Royalty meets two more special roadtrippers, RJ Breisacher and Chuck Booth at Yankee Stadium on Jackie Robinson Day!

Me with RJ Breisacher and Chuck Booth
The life of royalty has its privileges in more ways than one.

Being a sports fan and attending live sporting events on a daily and nightly basis is lots of fun.

Besides having a chance to see the best athletes perform on the biggest stage, every so often I get to run into people who share similar interests to mine.

With that being said, I had the unique privilege and honor of meeting up with a few more special people when I was at Yankee Stadium for Sunday night baseball on ESPN on Jackie Robinson Day.

I got to meet and greet two more roadtrippers, one was a rookie if you will and the other a seasoned vet when it comes to sports travel.

First of all, I got to meet up with a young man named RJ Breisacher who's in the midst of living a dream.
This young man is a true American hero. He has served our country in Afghanistan while we were at war. For that, I want to thank him for his service.

Since returning to the country, he decided he wanted to chase his dream of attending a baseball game in all 30 current Major League ballparks. In the process, he's keeping a blog called Baseball Dreamin' where he's tracking his adventures.

Please feel free to follow his dream as he lives it. He's only 26 and he's seen other parts of the World. Now he's seeing the Country he defended while he was abroad.

On the other hand, I also got to met up with a guy who's from Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, Chuck Booth who's trying to rewrite the Guinness Book of Records by attempting to break his own record of seeing all 30 Major League ballparks in 24 days in 2009.

He's in the midst of his latest streak which officially began in Anaheim on April 7th where he met up with my pal, Steve Fekete aka the Padre Punk.

RJ and I had the privilege and honor of meeting and greeting him too as he was able to get back from Toronto, Ontario, Canada where he saw the Blue Jays play the Orioles that afternoon. He flew back to LaGuardia airport and he arranged to get to the Bronx on time to keep his potential record breaking streak intact.

Needless to say, regardless if indeed breaks his record or not, it's quite an attempt and accomplishment on his part.

Upon meeting and greeting him, he did refer to me as a pioneer of sports travel since I've been doing this for 25+ years now. I was humbled by his commentary.

He's been a travel expert for the last four or five years. While he was with RJ and I, he gave us some of his tricks of the trade. It was an absolute pleasure to meet and greet him and RJ as we were able share unique stories that we've encountered in our lives.

I hope to cross paths again with these guys as well as other roadtrippers who are making the rounds to see their favorite team and/or sport.

I always offer my assistance to everybody. If you share the passion, please feel to pick my brain.

I always look forward to meeting up with new people so we can continue to expand this great fraternity that keeps growing leaps and bounds like the population.

Thank you for reading and following along.

Yours truly,

Gary Herman

No comments: