Royalty Tours USA

Monday, May 6, 2013

Royalty meets up with Jacob Landis again at Citi Field!

Jacob Landis & I at Citi Field
After I saw Gio Gonzalez, I went out to right field to section 307 where I got to meet up with Jacob Landis who was at the game with his cousin Jack Riddle as they were continuing their quest to see a baseball game in every Major League ballpark this season by riding a bicycle. They're doing so to hit a home run for hearing. You can follow them on Twitter. Their handle is @JacobsRide2013. If you want to donate please feel free to do so.

I knew they were going to be there so I wanted to make sure I stopped by to see them again. They were with a group of people who also suffer from a hearing disability. I told them that I gave Gio their business card and an envelope because Gio always says and I quote "anything for a foundation." Hopefully Gio makes a contribution to this great cause.

After I spoke to Jacob and Jack, I went upstairs to my seat in section 516 so I could watch the rest of the game with the King and the rest of the royal court that were present & accounted for.

As for the game we saw, we had two of baseball's rising stars pitching. Stephen Strasburg started for the Nationals and rookie Matt Harvey got the nod for the Mets. On this night, the rookie out pitched the highly touted Nationals star pitcher. The Mets scored two runs in the bottom of the first inning as they took advantage of an error that allowed lead off hitter Jordany Valdespin to get on base. A hit and a wild pitch wound up scoring him. John Buck delivered a clutch two out hit to make it a 2-0 game after the first inning. Strasburg settled down until the sixth inning when he allowed a pair of solo home runs to Ike Davis and Lucas Duda which gave the Mets a 4-0 lead. As a result, Strasburg was done for the evening. He allowed four runs only three were earned but he couldn't match Matt Harvey who departed after seven strong innings allowing a run as Chad Tracy got a run scoring single after a lead off walk and single to start the seventh inning for the Nationals. Harvey was able to pitch out of any further trouble as he gave way to the bullpen. He struck out seven and walked three as he earned the win. The Mets added insurance runs as Ike Davis and Lucas Duda both homered again in the bottom of the eighth inning to give the Mets a 7-1 victory.

After the game, the King and I went to Donovan's Pub for a post game meal with our pals Bryan Gilligan and Frank Anichiarico.

Stay tuned for a few more special posts that will recap the visits I got from other roadtrippers over the weekend.

Thank you for reading and following along.

Yours truly,

Gary Herman


No comments: