Royalty Tours USA

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Royalty is opening the 2014 baseball season in Australia!

On June 12, 2013, Major League Baseball announced that the 2014 baseball season was opening Down Under. When it became official, I knew I was going. As time went by, I kept that thought in the back of my mind. In October, I requested the necessary time off from work which was approved.  When the New Year came, I took the next step in backing up what I said. On January 8th, I booked flights for the King & I to go to Sydney, Australia. 


Here's the game plan:

Thursday, March 20th we have a flight booked on Virgin Australia Airlines that departs John F. Kennedy Airport at 4:45PM Eastern Time & we're scheduled to arrive in Los Angeles, California at 8:12PM Pacific Time. We then depart LA at 9:10PM Pacific Time & we finally arrive in Sydney, Australia at 6:20AM Saturday morning. This occurs because we cross the international dateline.

Upon arrival, we'll probably be exhausted from all the flying. I hope we can check into our hotel early so we can get some sleep if we need to. In addition, we'll need to get situated & cleaned up. Once we do, the fun will begin.

Saturday March 22nd Dodgers at Diamondbacks 7:15PM Local Time Opening Night at Sydney Cricket Ground
                                                 
Sunday March 23rd Dodgers at Diamondbacks 1:15PM Local Time at Sydney Cricket Ground

Monday-Thursday March 24th-27th We plan to take in the sights which I hear are beyond belief. From the kangaroos to the Outback, we're in for a real treat.  

Friday, March 28th we have a flight booked to fly from Sydney to Melbourne on Virgin Australia. We depart at 6:30AM & we arrive at 8:05AM. We'll spend the day looking around there.

That night we have our first ever rugby match as we plan to see the Melbourne Rebels host the Brumbies at 7:40PM Local Time.

Saturday March 29th We fly home from Melbourne. We leave there at 8AM. We arrive in Sydney at 9:25AM on Virgin Australia. We connect with a flight that leaves at 11:20AM on Delta Airlines that stops in Los Angeles. After a layover there, we finally land at JFK in New York at 4:56PM Saturday night.
                                           
Please feel free to check back for all the details of how this getaway played out. It's going to be an once in a lifetime trip for both of us.

If you want to join and/or meet up with us while we're there, please let me know so I can arrange to make it happen.

Thank you for reading and following along.

Yours truly,

Gary Herman

No comments: