Royalty Tours USA

Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Royalty is returning to the Midwest for another Sports Travelers Reunion to start August!

Here's the game plan:

I'm flying to Detroit on Delta Airlines. I leave New York LaGuardia Airport on Wednesday, August 1st at 6AM Eastern Time, I arrive in Motown 7:50AM Eastern Time if all goes well. Upon arrival, I'm renting a car for five days from Payless Car Rental. I plan to start my visit off with a pit stop to Bob's Big Boy which is a few miles from the airport so I can have a hearty breakfast to start my day off right. When I'm done, I'm going to drive to downtown so I can get ready for baseball that afternoon. After the game, I'll be driving towards Chicago. I'll be stopping off in Lansing, Michigan where I plan to see a minor league baseball game that night. Afterwards, I'll be continuing on to Portage, Indiana where I hope to get a good night sleep. Thursday morning I'll finish driving to the South side of the Windy City where I plan to plan to meet up with some other sports travelers at Guaranteed Rate Field. After that game, I plan to drive over to North side to see another game at historic Wrigley Field that night with more sports travelers. Friday morning I plan to stop off at The Point Pancake House in Gurnee, Illinois so I can have a royal breakfast to start my Friday off right before I take a ride back to Milwaukee, Wisconsin where I have a meet up arranged that afternoon at a local pub & grill called Oscar's. After that social gathering, we're all going to head over to Miller Park to see a baseball game together that night. After the game, I'm driving 200 miles to Dyersville, Iowa to sleep so I can be ready to go for the main event of this getaway. That being going to the site of the famous movie, Field of Dreams which I still haven't seen believe it or not. That will change that night when we're there. Before that we have a day filled with festivities that were arranged by Tim Parks, the founder of the MLB Passport Book including a cookout & a softball game on the actual field of the movie site. It's going to an amazing time for those of us of all ages who can find a way to get there. If anyone in the Stampeder group needs a ride or a place to stay, please get in contact with me. I'm here to help make it happen for you. Sunday I plan to see more sports travelers hopefully for breakfast before I head over to Clinton, Iowa to see another minor league game that afternoon. After the game, I plan to drive back towards Detroit so I can be in position to catch my flight home to NYC on Monday at 12:04PM. If all goes well I plan to land at LaGuardia Airport at 1:59PM if I don't get delayed for any reason.     
 
Wednesday August 1st Reds at Tigers 1:10PM Eastern Time

                                        South Bend Cubs at Lansing Lugnuts 7:05PM

Thursday August 2nd Royals at White Sox 1:10PM Central Time

                                      Padres at Cubs 7:05PM Central Time 
                            
Friday August 3rd Rockies at Brewers 7:10PM Central Time 

Saturday August 4th Field of Dreams Movie Site

Sunday August 5th Wisconsin Timber Rattlers at Clinton LumberKings 12 Noon Central Time Doubleheader
                                                                                     
If you're interested in going on this exclusive getaway royalty style just let me know so I can arrange to have you join me & many other people I plan to meet out there.

It's going to be a blast so why not come for a "royal" ride.

Thank you for reading and following along.

Yours truly,

Gary Herman

No comments: