Royalty Tours USA

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A-Rod hit number 600 today 8/4: The Prince missed again!

Alex Rodriguez aka A-Rod finally hit his 600th home run in the major leagues in the first inning at New Yankee Stadium off Shawn Marcum of the Toronto Blue Jays.

Since I was working today and I wasn't able to take a "long" lunch, I missed out on baseball history.

I was informed by a text message from my friend and royalty regular Rich Wolber aka Staten Island Rich was fortunate to be there.

He said and I quote "That's why we go to the games."

It's not the first time this has happened to me and it won't be the last time either.

The King witnessed it in person too.

He said it landed in Monument Park in straight away center field per a voice message he left me.

Ironically three years ago to the day on August 4, 2007, A-Rod hit his 500th career home run at Old Yankee Stadium.

Did the Prince see it you ask?

No, the King and I were on the road in the Midwest that weekend.

In matter of fact, we saw the Cleveland Indians play the Minnesota Twins in the Metrodome that Saturday afternoon.

It's was part of our annual trip to Wrigley Field.
We also went to Miller Park on that excursion too.

Lately my so called good luck hasn't been that good.

In two other posts I wrote recently about Oakland Athletics pitcher Gio Gonzalez who started a game in Cleveland and Kansas City on two different Friday nights.

The Prince shows up the next night both times.

On the other hand, 25 years ago today back on August 4, 1985, I did witness history in person.

I saw Hall of Fame pitcher Tom Seaver win his 300th major league game at the Old Yankee Stadium when he beat the Yankees as a member of the Chicago White Sox.

Seaver ended his career with 311 wins.

Ironically the King who I didn't know at the time but who I met shortly thereafter missed that game.

As they say, you win some and you lose some.

You can't win them all.

I've attended almost 4,000 baseball games live in my lifetime so I've seen my share of history over the years.

The life of royalty still has its privileges.

In the future, please stay in touch through my blog to see what I have in store.

If you're interested let me know so I can help make it happen for you.

If I can't go that doesn't mean you have to miss the opportunity to do something special.

Stay tuned because you never know what the future holds.

Thank you for reading.

Yours truly,

Prince Charming

No comments: