Royalty Tours USA

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Cracker Barrel

Cracker Barrel
This is a Royalty favorite usually for breakfast. We've had dinner there on a few occasions as well.

If you like Southern style food you'll love going here like I do.

Cracker Barrel is half restaurant and half country store.

A great way to treat the family and/or friends when you don't feel like cooking and when you're on a road trip.

If you go there on the weekend, be prepared to wait 20-30 minutes maybe longer.

You can look around the store and shop and relive the good old days with the variety of candy, music and books they sell.

Good things in life are worth the wait. Eating is a necessity so why would you deprieve yourself of a great meal because you don't have patience.

I prefer to go there when I have plenty of time so we can enjoy ourselves without having to rush.

As for the food, it's tremendous.

When we have breakfast there, I usually get the Uncle Herschel's Favorite as they call it.

It consists of 2 eggs, hash brown casserole, biscuits & sawmill gravy, grits and I prefer grilled catfish in place of bacon, sausage or ham.

I always order a large glass of grapefruit juice which is freshly squeezed and it tastes outrageous.

In addition, they have great French Toast which comes with eggs and bacon which is excellent and/or sausage or ham.

A co-worker of mine at Fox Stations Sales, Chantal Craib, recently went to Cracker Barrel for the very first time when she was up in Syracuse visiting her friends.

Her and her friends were lucky they didn't have to wait when they went there she said.

She took my advice because she knows I always rave about this place.

She told me she had their pancakes and she loved them. She said and I quote "they were better than IHOP".

Believe it or not, I haven't tasted them yet. I will the next time I go there. I hope that's sooner than later.

They have locations in 41 of the 50 states.

They don't have any in California though for the people we know on the West Coast.

The closest ones to NYC are in New Haven, Connecticut off I-95 exit 40 or in Southern part of New Jersey one is off exit 30 on I-80 and Exit 5 off the NJ Turnpike.

We usually go to different ones when we go to various parts of the country mainly in the Midwest and/or the
South.

For further details, check out their website, http://www.crackerbarrel.com/

No comments: