Royalty Tours USA

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

2011 Major League Baseball Schedule starts to leak out!

I was tipped off  by my friend Michael Abrams aka the Yankee Emperor who has a streak of seeing the last 698 Yankee home games.

He wrote me an e-mail late last night telling that the 2011 baseball season starts on April 1st and ends on September 28th.

Those dates seemed odd when I thought about the 2011 calendar. Sure enough I was right.

According to an article in USA Today, please see link below it will explain the logic behind it.  

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/dailypitch/post/2010/07/mlb-opening-day-2011-to-fall-on-friday-april-1-season-to-end-on-a-wednesday/1

Please note a trip to Taiwan at the end of March is very possible as well between the Arizona Diamondbacks & the San Francisco Giants.

They're suppose to vote on that in August.

If it comes to pass, Royalty is ready to go. I just need to renew my passport.

Royalty opened the 1999 baseball season in Monterrey, Mexico. 2000 we were in Japan and Puerto Rico in 2001.

In addition, Michael told me dates when the Red Sox play the Yankees next year that he got off a Red Sox site. They are as follows:

4/8-4/10, 8/5-8/7 & 8/30-9/1 Yankees are supposed to be in Fenway Park

5/13-5/15, 6/7-6/9 & 9/23-9/25 Red Sox come to Yankee Stadium

In addition, he said the traditional Patriot's Day game is on Monday, April 18th against the Blue Jays.

Furthermore, he said they close the season in Baltimore.

Here's some more details regarding the Red Sox from ESPN Boston:

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/mlb/news/story?id=5365218

I took some further steps in pursuing this.

I found out the Chicago Cubs will be in Fenway Park for the first time ever in the regular season per a first draft of the 2011 MLB schedule. It will be the club's first appearance there since the 1918 World Series on May 20-22.

In addition, the Milwaukee Brewers come to Boston on June 17-19 and the Padres are there 6/20-6/22.

Please see the link below for all the details:

http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/tags/2011-mlb-schedule

Stay tuned to my blog because as more leaks out I plan to give you the heads up.

In order to get the most out of your life, you must stay a step ahead to avoid lagging behind.

No comments: