Royalty Tours USA

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Royalty goes to Harry's Cafe de Wheels in Australia for dinner!‏


The King ‎& I returned to our hotel in Potts Point after spending the day going to the Blue Mountains. We went up to our room to drop off our bags. We then went for a walk to Woolloomooloo which is the neighborhood right next to Potts Point. 
 
Harry's Cafe de Wheels in Woolloomooloo, Australia
As my pals from Hornsby, Joey Khoudair & Jamil Mannah told us there's a great place to eat nearby called Harry's Cafe de Wheels. They told us we had to go there. True to my word, I told them we would & we did indeed. We wound going by the Wharf by Woolloomooloo Bay which is where this location was according to their website. Joey & Jamil didn't know exactly where it was. They told us the vicinity. Thankfully we found it. 

Hot Dogs & Famous Pies since 1945
Since we already had a good breakfast & lunch, we weren't that hungry. With that being said, this was a perfect way to have something light for dinner. Harry's has been around since 1945. They're known for their famous pies which are very popular in Australia. They're arguably the best in Sydney. They have a celebrity following too. They had pictures of famous people which included one of Colonel Sanders who had ate a pie there back in 1972.
 
Colonel Sanders eating a pie in 1972
As for me, I decided to get a pie that consisted of beef, cheese & bacon. It was really good. The King had wandered away. He's reluctant to try food. With that being said, I knew he wouldn't have a pie. When I finished he said he wanted a hot dog which they also serve there. So I went back ‎& I ordered a plain hot dog for him. I decided to get a hot dog for myself as well. Since I passed up the opportunity to get their most popular pie with mushed peas, mashed & gravy which is known as the Tiger pie, I got my hot dog with not only mushed peas but with mashed potatoes too. To be perfectly honest, it was different & it tasted really good. I'm so glad I've gotten more daring in my old age when it comes to trying different food. By doing so, I've enjoyed many more meals over the 15 years or so.
Beef pie with Cheese & Bacon
Hot Dog with Mushed Peas & Mashed Potatoes
Stay tuned as I will write another special post that will recap the way we spent our last full day in Sydney.

Thank you for reading ‎& following along.

Yours truly,

Gary Herman

No comments: