Royalty Tours USA

Saturday, March 26, 2011

It's time to play ball, baseball's back and royalty is ready to roll!

Back on July 28, 2010, royalty got wind of the MLB schedule leaking out. I proceeded to post it to my blog which has fueled plenty of interest.

Well now it's time for the players to play ball for real. Unlike in years past, this season will open and close earlier than usual so the World Series won't run into November.

Mr. November aka Derek Jeter will be guaranteed that distinction for at least another year.

Speaking of the Yankee Captain, now that he has resigned with the Yankees he should finish his career in pinstripes.

Back on September 11, 2009, royalty witnessed history as he broke Lou Gehrig's record for hits as a Yankee when he delivered his 2,722nd major league hit.

Coming into this season, he needs only 74 more to join the elite 3,000 hit club.

With that being said, I'm planning to see more history probably sometime in June at Yankee Stadium.

Royalty prefers to hit the road when the Yankees are home. I hope that he does it in June since I don't have any big plans set for then.

As for road trips and other highlights, here are some of them.

Thursday, March 31st we open our season in the Bronx at Yankee Stadium as the Detroit Tigers play the Yankees in their Opener.

Friday, April 1st we'll be in Philadelphia for the Phillies Opener against the Astros. The Doc will be in the house. In other words, Roy Halladay gets the start. That's not an April's fools joke either.

In addition, we're going to be joined by our good friends and fellow roadtrippers from Buffalo, Andrew Kulyk and Peter Farrell, aka USRT if you will.

Saturday, April 2nd we're all going to Washington D.C. to see the Nationals play.

Sunday April 3rd, the King and I return to Yankee Stadium.

Friday, April 8th we'll be at Citi Field for the Mets home opener with the Nationals.

Monday, April 18th we'll be at Fenway Park for the traditional Patriot's Day game against the Blue Jays.

On July 4th, we return to Fenway for another game against the Blue Jays.

On May 13th, we're planning to be in Wrigley Field for the World Champion San Francisco Giants as they take on the Cubs at 1:20PM.

Afterwards we're going to take a 90 mile ride through the crazy Chicago traffic as we head to Miller Park that night for the Pirates and Brewers at 7:10PM.

We'll be back at Wrigley Field for a rare Saturday night game and the Sunday afternoon game before we fly home that night.

At the end of July, I have a blockbuster driving trip in the works with an upcoming roadtripper, Paul Derrick from Houston, Texas.

Stay tuned as it gets closer because I'll be rolling the game plan then. It's going to be a baseball fan's dream type trip.

I plan to do plenty of driving that week. Once I figure out all the details I'll post it up.

Paul is in for a royal treat. He already has a great opinion of me and we haven't even met. It's going to be a blast. I can't wait.

In September, I have a few other possible trips planned to Kansas City and Atlanta.

In October, I hope to get to some postseason games too.

In the meantime, batter up, let's play ball!

Hope to see you at a ballpark soon.

If you need my assistance and expertise in getting places, I strongly suggest you consult me so I can help make it happen.

If you want to go for a "royal" ride, contact me so I can arrange to accomodate your needs and wants.

Thank you for reading and following along.

Yours truly,

Gary Herman

No comments: