Royalty Tours USA

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Royalty w/o 1/17 in review

Monday was Martin Luther King Day and thankfully I was off from work.

I went to Madison Square Garden for the traditional MLK Day game as the Knicks played host to the Phoenix Suns.

The Knicks had beaten the Suns on their recent West Coast road trip so the Suns were looking to return the favor.

On this afternoon, they did just that as they beat the Knicks, 129-121 in an entertaining affair.

Despite getting a season high 41 points from former Sun Amar'e Stoudemire, the Knicks still came up short. Wilson Chandler added 23 points in the defeat.

As for the Suns, newly acquired Vince Carter led the way with 29 points while teammate Grant Hill had 25 points. Former Knick Channing Frye finished with 18 points for the victorious Suns.

Tuesday night after work turned out to be a historical night for myself and Royalty in general as I was interviewed on Internet TV.

I had the privilege and honor of sharing some time with Rick Morris in the FDH Lounge on the night of the 4th anniversary of his great show.

I was given an opportunity to scratch the surface by giving Rick and his audience a brief overview of how Royalty rolls.

I look forward to talking to Rick in the near future to keep him abreast of our whereabouts. The King was unable to join me because he was getting his nightly sporting event fix so he can continue to live up to his name.

I do hope that the next time he can make himself available so he can elaborate on the amazing partnership we've had for the last 25 years.

I plan to get my interview linked up so please stay tuned for that.

If you couldn't listen live you will be able to listen at your convenience once it's up and running.

If you want to become a regular listener to the FDH Lounge please feel free to tune in on Tuesday nights from 7-10PM.

Rick is a super guy and I know you won't be wasting your time.

Wednesday night after work I went out to Newark to see the Nets play the Utah Jazz.

A co-worker of mine, Bart DiNardo told me a few weeks prior that he was going to the game too. He said his mother works out at the gym with C.J. Miles of the Utah Jazz. He said that C.J. hooked his mother up with courtside seats for the game.

Bart is a good kid and proud follower of my whereabouts. He approached me and he asked me how do I get to the game. I responded and told him to come with me. True to my word, he did just that. I got him out there with no problem. He had to meet his parents at the arena.

When I saw him the next day at work he told me what an amazing time he had. He got to go into the Jazz locker room after the game. What a thrill it was for him.

I'm happy I was able to make sure he got to the arena without a hassle.

As for the game, the Nets surprised the Jazz, 103-95!

The Nets were led by Brooks Lopez who had 20 points. Sasha Vujacic poured in 15 of his own.

As for the Jazz, Al Jefferson led all scorers with 21 points while Deron Williams had 20. C.J. Miles finished with 13 in the loss.

Thursday night I was back in Newark this time for the Devils as they hosted the Pittsburgh Penguins.

The Penguins were missing their two superstars, Sidney Crosby and Evengi Malkin.

As a result, they got shut out by the Devils, 2-0!

Martin Brodeur notched his 114th career shutout which extended his own record for most shutouts by a goaltender.

On my way home, I was contacted by a guy named Dave Swanson who recently started a business selling posters. They have a map of the country which allows you to mark off the different NFL stadiums that you have visited. I think it's a cool idea.

As a result, I added his website to my expanding blog list for your viewing pleasure. Please feel free to check it out. If you're a football fan, you'll appreciate it. If not, it will give you motivation to become one.

Friday night after work I went to Newark to see the Nets play the Detroit Pistons.

I arranged to have my Cousin Andy join us. It was great to see him again. As usual, he enjoyed seeing the King and I.

As for the game, the Nets wound up winning again. This time they won, 89-74!

Brook Lopez led the way for the Nets with 15 points. Devin Harris scored a dozen.

For the Pistons, Tayshaun Prince finished with 16 points and Rodney Stuckey poured in 14.

Saturday night I wrapped up going to Newark for a fourth straight night when I saw the Dallas Mavericks visit the Nets.

This was a seesaw battle most of the night. The Nets had a lead in the fourth quarter but with 6 seconds to go, the Mavericks' Dirk Nowitzki was able to rattle a shot in as it bounced around the rim and it finally fell in to give the Mavericks the win, 87-86!

The Nets had a final shot but they missed the basket badly as they came up short.

Stay tuned as I'll be doing a special post detailing the trip to Pittsburgh for the AFC Championship Game.

Thank you for reading and following along.

Yours truly,

Gary Herman

No comments: