Royalty Tours USA

Thursday, June 21, 2012

The King says "Play Ball" at Citi Field!

The King Saying "Play Ball"
As you know if you've read my blog, the King recently saw his 7,000th baseball game in Pittsburgh at PNC Park. Since then he's seen some more.

On Saturday night at Citi Field with the Mets hosting the Cincinnati Reds, he got to say "Play Ball" on the scoreboard as part of his home celebration of his personal milestone. That was game #7,005 for those keeping tabs.

I was forced to miss it because I was busy trying to get back into the stands after I spent a short time on the field.

As for the King, Andrew Kulyk and Peter Farrell from Buffalo were there to hear him. In addition, his half brother Charlie Casiano was there for the special moment along with his girlfriend Nancy who I met when I finally got up to my seat in section 516. She seemed very nice. I hope the future is bright for them.

As for the game we saw, the Reds took to the Mets again. Jay Bruce set the tone early again. This time he launched a three run homer that left the ballpark to give the Reds an early 3-0 lead in the first inning. Homer Bailey who started for the Reds threw eight solid innings of one run ball as the Reds beat the Mets again, 4-1.

Stay tuned for the special post I'm going to do about my experience of being able to go on the field just before the game started.

Thank you for reading and following along.

Yours truly,

Gary Herman

No comments: