Royalty Tours USA

Thursday, June 29, 2017

Royalty sees U2 The Joshua Tree Tour 2017 at MetLife Stadium!

MetLife Stadium
Last night I got to witness one of my favorite Rock bands, U2, perform live in concert at MetLife Stadium. Let it be known it wasn't the first time I've seen them live. It was my third time, a real charm too. In fact, the very first time I saw them was back on September 14, 1987 at old Giants Stadium when the first did their original Joshua Tree Tour. This was the 30th Anniversary of that legendary album. Where has the time gone. One thing hasn't changed for me during that time frame though, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For. For that matter, I'm still searching for Where the Streets Have No Name. However, I'm still in God's Country. In between these tours almost 30 years apart, I did see them do their 360 Tour back on September 24, 2009 which also took place at Giants Stadium. That show was Magnificent.

The Joshua Tree Tour 2017
As for last night's performance, they started the show with one of their many classics from the early days in 1983, Sunday Bloody Sunday. They followed that with another one, New Year's Day. They went on with a version of Bad from 1984 which included a snippet of America by Simon & Garfunkel. After that, they sung Pride (In The Name of Love).

View from Section 327
Waiting for U2 to come out in Section 341 row 3
U2 Doing Sunday Bloody Sunday
After Bono told the massive crowd how they first played the Ritz in NYC in front of 25 people then he changed it to 75, they continued the show by honoring their 30th Anniversary of their earth shattering Joshua Tree album that ultimately put them on the commercial map by playing all the tracks & cassettes which detailed American culture. It was like a trip down memory lane for the U2 faithful & a tribute to our great country.

After a brief break, they came back out for more which included later hits, Beautiful Day or Beautiful Night which Bono sang which indeed it was. When I bought my ticket back in January, I was hoping mother nature would cooperate for me. Did she ever. They continued to arouse the crowd with Elevation & Vertigo. Before the show ended we all came together as "One." It was a touching moment to say the least. They proceeded to close the show with their newest song from their latest LP Songs of Experience, The Little Things That Give You Away.

As you can see, I was thoroughly entertained for just over two hours. If you like U2, I highly recommend you go see them live.

Thank you for reading & following along.

Yours truly,

Gary Herman   

 

No comments: