Royalty Tours USA

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Wrigley Field in May for Royalty Annual Visit Plus Miller Park and Kane County




Pitchers and catchers have started reporting so that means Spring and baseball fever is in the air.

With that being said, royalty has already planted the seeds for another amazing season of baseball road trips.

As far as I'm concerned the best ballpark to see a baseball game is in Wrigley Field in Chicago, Illnois. It's the home of the lovable losers, the Chicago Cubs.

FYI I just bought 3 tickets on a presale that ends today for the following games in May for the King and I and newcomer to the road with royalty our buddy Jim Lowry in Philadelphia. He's the guy who works the elevator at Citizens Bank Park and the freight elevator at Wachovia Center. In addition, he arranged to get us tickets the other day for the Adirondack Phantoms.

Mark your calendars, if you want to go I need to know the sooner the better. Please note I haven't book any flights as of yet. I have only researched it and have covered all the bases. So as usual I can afford to talk.

Here's the game plan:

Friday, May 14th we'll be flying to Milwaukee bright and early in the morning from LaGuardia airport. Upon arrival, I'll be renting a car for the weekend. We'll be heading right to Chicago which is 80 miles east on I-94.

I fully expect to arrive in the Wrigley Field area in plenty of time for the game that starts at 1:20PM. The Pirates are in town to face the Cubs.

On a personal and historical note, it will be a milestone game for all of us. It will be Jim Lowry's 1st game at Wrigley and the King's 100th game there. As for myself, it will be #70.

I've seen at least 1 game a year in Wrigley every year since 1988. I get to go to "living" heaven at least once a year.

Please note that's just the start of the day.

We'll be heading back to Milwaukee for a night cap if you will. Back in the day, when you saw 2 baseball games in the same day that were in the same ballpark for only one admission price.

Nowadays things have changed drasticly. Same ballpark doubleheaders doesn't really exist except for separate admission day/night double dips.

So like true professionals do, royalty adjusts accordingly. Being a person with a creative mind, it makes the transition for me easier than for most. Another reason why royalty is the ONLY choice when it comes to planning, coordinating and executing the master plan on the road to success.

As for the nightcap, the National League Champion Philadelphia Phillies are playing the Milwaukee Brewers at 7:10PM that night.

You would think it's an easy DH assuming the Cub games ends in a timely fashion. You may have to think again. Remember it's Friday afternoon, Chicago is like New York City when it comes to traffic. With years of experience behind the wheel doing these trips it should be a piece of cake for me. I'm sure I'll be saying words that I shouldn't but that's par for the course. It's the bottom line that matters. Getting to Miller Park on time. I plan to but I can't guarantee it. I will promise that I'll do my very best.

Saturday we go back to Wrigley Field for a 12:05PM first pitch. That will be followed by a minor league game in Geneva, Illnois which is 40 miles West. It's the home of the Kane County Cougars of the Midwest League. They're the single A affiliate of the Oakland Athletics. We should have enough time to get to the second game on time as well.

We'll be having dinner after the game at the Country House, which is a great restaurant just up the road from the ballpark. They have been voted the "best burger in Chicagoland". Royalty has been there a few times so can vouch for that.

Sunday it will be a replay of Friday's doubleheader. The Cubs play the Pirates at 1:20PM and the Phillies are in Milwaukee for a rare Sunday Night ESPN game at 7:05PM.

Monday late morning we plan to fly back to New York.

Let's recap the game plan so you have it right.

6 games 5 major league 1 minor league in 3 days.

What do you think? If you want to go just let me know so I can arrange to make it happen for you.

Too much baseball for you? I can customize a trip to better suit your needs and wants.

Talk to me and we'll get it done your way!

Look forward to hearing from you people.

Thanks for reading.

Yours truly,

Prince Charming

No comments: