Royalty Tours USA

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Royalty celebrates the Ultimate Sports Baby's 2nd Birthday with Roadtrippers in Philadelphia!

King and I with Andrew & Dylan Van Cleve, Corey Menotti, Kurt Smith & Steve Fekete
Back in the off season, Andrew Van Cleve told me he was planning to celebrate his son Dylan's second birthday on Saturday, May 12th. I had to adjust my game plan accordingly. I was originally planning to be at PNC Park in Pittsburgh that night.

Out of the goodness of my heart, I decided to change my trip plan to go in June instead.

It worked out well because the San Diego Padres were playing the Phillies at Citizens Bank Park. With that being said, Steve Fekete aka the Padre Punk told me he was coming in for that series. I told him we had the Ultimate Sports Baby's birthday party to go to. When Steve came in to the Northeast in January, he met Andrew Van Cleve for the first time. Andrew told him he was welcome to join us for the party. In addition, Steve had his friend Corey Menotti aka the Dancing Friar with him as well. The King and I never met him before but apparently he heard plenty of good things about us from Steve. He was very gracious to meet us. He was a pleasure to meet him too.

Furthermore, Kurt Smith, author of Ballpark E-Guides, was able to get away from his wife and new born baby to take part in the festivities also. Andrew told me he wasn't sure if Kurt was going to make it. When he said he was, I was so elated.

Moreover, Andrew also invited a co-worker of his named Jason who came with his wife Trish and their two little boys, Tristan and Quinn.

Needless to say, the Ultimate Sports Wife, Nicole was there.

It was quite a gathering to celebrate Dylan's birthday. Last year they were still in Chicago and the King and I got to celebrate his first birthday with the rest of Nicole and Andrew's family.

This may become an annual tradition for many years to come.

We wound up eating dinner at a restaurant called Chickie & Pete's. Stay tuned for the special post I'm going to do about that place.

After we ate, we said goodbye to Nicole, Dylan, Kurt, Trish and her boys since they had to go home to take care of their other needs while the rest of the bunch headed over to Citizens Bank Park for the Phillies game against the Padres.

Stay tuned for the special post I'm going to do about the game and the experience.

Thank you for reading and following along.

Yours truly,

Gary Herman

No comments: