Royalty Tours USA

Saturday, July 17, 2010

KC Royals Super Fan Chris Coats

Super Fan Chris Coats


After eating at Gates BBQ, we went over to newly renovated Kauffman Stadium.

The last time we were there on April 2, 2007 we saw the Red Sox play the Royals on Opening Day. In addition, we met a young lad named Chris Coats.

He told me he wanted to travel around to see the different baseball parks.

Later that summer he came to the Northeast to see the Royals play the Red Sox in Fenway Park.

He contacted me and I arranged to guide him along so he could meet him by my office since he was coming to New York City for the first time to see the Royals play the Yankees.

I took out him out to lunch at Manganaro's Hero Boy. For more details, see my post which is also in my restaurant reviews section.

The last few years Chris has become a celebrity following the Royals around the country.

Chris has a Royal cape that he wears as he makes his rounds.

He is recognized as "Superfan".

He's on facebook and he posts his whereabouts there.

He was recently on TV during a segment on the local news in Kansas City.

Royalty had the privilege of seeing him again.

I look forward to seeing him down the road in the future.

Keep up the good work, Chris.

He refers to his travels as Midwest Field of Dreams Tours.

If you happen to be out in the heartland, please feel free to contact Chris.

No comments: