Royalty Tours USA

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Saturday night at Citi Field brought out more special guests!

Arjun Lal and Manny Bonilla
After seeing our Friday night regulars, Saturday night brought out two young lads to Citi Field as you can see in the picture.

One of them was Manny Bonilla who is the one on the right in the picture I took of them.

When the King and I got to our seats, Manny got the King's attention.

Apparently the King had seen him before.

I asked who he was. The King didn't know but he recognized him by sight.

I told the King I never saw him before.

I heard him say he wanted tickets to see the Braves in September but he mentioned that those games were sold out.

I told him I have a ticket available for the Sunday game on September 19th. I said I only have one. Is that okay? He said yes.

Shortly thereafter, I noticed he had a friend with him. His name was Arjun Lal.

I started to talk with Arjun as well.

He was a Yankee fan. I told him we have season tickets over there too.

In matter of fact, he said he was going to Yankee Stadium on Tuesday.

I asked him where he was sitting, he said in the first row by the dugout.

I was speechless.

They seemed like really nice young kids.

Their company made for a memorable night.

Manny being a big Met fan was dressed up wearing a Jason Bay T-shirt.

He was pulling hard for Mets starting pitcher Hisanori Takahashi who he referred to as "Taki".

Come on Taki he yelled a number of times.

Taki pitched well striking out 10 Diamondbacks in 6 innings which had the King yelling and screaming all night.

Manny with his right arm extended was one of many around us who joined in and loved the act.

The King had the whole section joining in as well as others to our left and right.

It was one of those nights thanks to the great people we were fortunate to have sitting around us.

The King became the center of attention as the game wore on.

In the end, we were all jumping for joy when the Mets came back to win the damn game in the mortal words of the late great Bob Murphy may he rest in peace.

I want to thank Manny and Arjun for being part of the festivities.

They had a blast.

I look forward to seeing these youngsters at a future game at Citi Field.

They know where to find us and we'll make sure we find some seats for them so we can enjoy each other company again.

Keep checking back you never know who we'll meet next.

Thank you for reading and following along as the life of royalty unfolds.

Yours truly,

Gary Herman

No comments: