Royalty Tours USA

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Royalty sees Foreigner perform a post game concert at Citi Field!

Foreigner at Citi Field
The one and only time I saw the Rock group Foreigner in concert was back in 1987 at Madison Square Garden. Back then, Lou Gramm was their lead singer.

A few months ago, the Mets announced their post game concert series line up. I usually don't like who they have performing. This time was different. I noticed that on June 14th after the Mets were playing the Cubs that the rock group Foreigner was going to do a post game concert which was designed to help victims of Hurricane Sandy. When I found out, I was all excited. Even though, Lou Gramm is no longer with the band I still wanted to see them play live.

Foreigner Live at Citi Field
They have a new lead singer named Kelly Hansen who has taken over. He was active through out their performance as he went off the stage and he walked along both sides of the stands to get up close to those who were sitting in the first few rows on the field level. It was really cool to see him make the rounds.

As for the music set they played, they started off their hour show with Double Vision and they ended it with Hot Blooded. In between, they played many of their hits which included Head Games, Cold As Ice, I'm Waiting For A Girl Like You, It Feels Like the First Time, Urgent, Juke Box Hero and I Want To Know What Love Is which they did & they had the crowd do a sing along with. It was really neat.


I'm really glad I stayed for the performance. I thoroughly enjoyed reminiscing about the good old days. It should be noted that Foreigner first started playing back in 1976.

Thank you for reading and following along.

Yours truly,

Gary Herman

No comments: