Royalty Tours USA

Monday, December 2, 2013

Royalty sees the Red Sox clinch the American League Pennant at Fenway Park!

Back on Friday night October 18th, I came home from work & I made myself dinner. After I ate, I watched game 6 of the NLCS between the Dodgers & the Cardinals with the King on TV. Our weekend plans were contingent on the outcome of the game. I didn't want them to play a game 7. Since the Cardinals were up 3 games to 2, I had to pull for the Cardinals to win. Thankfully they did & they made it easy for us as they took such a big lead early in the game. As a result, the Red Sox played the Tigers in prime time as opposed to late in the afternoon. By doing so, I was able to rent a car from Dollar Rent a Car by LaGuardia airport for the day early Saturday morning. I wound up getting a Dodge Avenger. I went back home to pick up the King. We drove to Kingston, Rhode Island to see a college football game that afternoon on the way to Boston. The Rams of the University of Rhode Island played the Richmond Spiders. It was a battle of two bad teams. The Rams held on to win the game, 12-10. 

After the football game I drove us to Fenway Park for Game 6 of the ALCS between the Red Sox & the Tigers. The Red Sox were up in the series, three games to two. The winner was going to play the St. Louis Cardinals in the World Series. When we got outside Fenway Park, we met up with our pals Bryan Gilligan & Phil Butleman who drove up there too. I decided to go to Popeye's up the block to have dinner. Everybody else decided to go inside the park. When I finished eating, I went inside. Thanks to our friend Phil for getting us the tickets. When I came home from work the week before the King was talking to him on the phone. He asked me if I wanted a ticket for that game assuming the series went at least six games. Phil went on their website & quite amazingly some tickets popped up. He wound up getting the King & I tickets in the bleachers. I had no intention of sitting there. I did what I always do there, I gave myself an upgrade. Did I ever. I lucked out big time. I wound up sitting on the aisle in section 24 loge box 137 row MM seat 1. What a view I had. Since I wanted to see another pennant clincher in person, I was rooting very hard for the Red Sox to win. Thanks to a grand slam home run by Shane Victorino in the bottom of the seventh inning, the ballpark erupted. The ball landed just over the Green Monster in left field. The Red Sox went on to beat the Tigers, 5-2 as they did indeed win the American League Pennant. It was an amazing experience to be there live to witness the history that took place. After the game, they had the trophy celebration on the field.

We all met up after the game. Bryan drove himself home & I took the King as well as Phil Butleman back. We dropped Phil off at the subway in Astoria then I drove the King & I home. We got home at 5AM. I decided to return the car rental to Dollar after I dropped off the King. I wound up driving 465 miles safely. I took a bus to the subway & I finally got back home at 6:30AM. I went to sleep for a few hours before the King & I went to MetLife Stadium to see the Jets play the Patriots. 

Stay tuned for the details of that memorable day.

Thank you for reading & following along.

Yours truly,

Gary Herman

No comments: