Royalty Tours USA

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Royalty sees the "Other" Cowboys in Laramie, Wyoming!


I'm in the building at 7,220 feet


















Upon my late arrival into Denver, my unrealistic chance of going to Fort Collins, Colorado to see Colorado State play UNLV at Noon went bye bye.

In retrospect, I'm glad it did.

As a result, I was able to drive through Fort Collins on my way to Laramie, Wyoming and I was able to take my time so I could enjoy the breath taking scenery that only the West can offer.

I arrived in Laramie around 2:30PM which gave me plenty of time to get ready for the football game that was starting at 4PM.

The Wyoming Cowboys were hosting the Utah Utes who were ranked number 10 going into this game.

I didn't have a ticket in advance. I figured I shouldn't have a problem finding one outside. Needless to say, I didn't. They had tickets available at the box office for $30. I saw someone outside who wanted $20. I decided to wait it out for a short time. I was able to talk someone down to taking $10. I did good and I proceeded inside to check out the venue. It was nothing special. I did enjoy seeing their mascot Pistol Pete and Cowboy Joe though.

As for the game, the Cowboys managed to hang around for awhile but in the end they proved to be no competition for the Utes who went on to win, 30-6!

I was fortunate to meet a few people who were from Casper, Wyoming. They were Dan & Ardys Sterkel. Ironically, Ardys told me she's coming to NYC for the first time at the end of the month with her sister who's been here four times. I exchanged contact information so we can hopefully hook up when they visit. I want to help may her first visit as memorable as possible. I hope she contacts me so I can do so.

After the game, I drove to Cheyenne, Wyoming to have dinner before I drove back to my hotel in Denver.

Stay tuned as I recap the Jet/Bronco game I saw that Sunday.

Thank you for reading.

Yours truly,

Gary Herman

No comments: