Royalty Tours USA

Friday, October 29, 2010

Royalty sees play Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, VA!

I'm in the house

















After many years of trying to get here, the opportunity finally presented itself. So I took advantage.

I arrived at Lane Stadium which is located on the beautiful campus of Virginia Tech at 11AM for a Noon kickoff between the Hokies and the Duke Blue Devils in an ACC clash.

I needed to get a ticket to get to the game. As I walked around the stadium I saw plenty of people holding up tickets.

I wound up getting a great seat on the lower level in row HH by the 40 yard line which angled towards midfield. The person wanted $20 for his $48 ticket so I gladly gave it to him. He told me I wouldn't be disappointed. Needless to say, I wasn't.

It was a great view of the action on a gorgeous autumn day.

When the players were being introduced everybody was on their feet and the stands were shaking it was an incredible feeling. That set the tone for a magnificent experience.

As for the atmosphere, it was very college like. The band was great to watch. They did a few renditions of the "Hokie Pokie" which brought back childhood memories.

As for the game, the Hokies won easily, 44-7! I did stay for the whole game which ended at 3:19PM.

I walked back to the car and I was on my way to Charlottesville for game 2 of the college doubleheader.

Stay tuned as I recap that experience.

Thank you for reading.

Yours truly,

Gary Herman

No comments: