Royalty Tours USA

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Royalty w/o 10/18 in review

Monday after work I went to Yankee Stadium to see Game 3 of the ALCS between the Yankees and the Texas Rangers.

With the series all even at a game a piece, the Rangers came into Yankee Stadium behind Cliff Lee he "completelee" dominated them again, 8-0!

Lee was brilliant in this performance as he went 8 innings allowing only 2 hits while striking out 13 Yanks.
He left with a 2-0 lead. The Rangers tacked on 6 more runs in the ninth inning to make the score look more lopsided.

Tuesday night after work I went back to the Bronx for Game 4 of the ALCS.

The Rangers won again. This time by a 10-3 score. A.J. Burnett started this one for the Yankees but he couldn't finish the sixth inning thanks to Bengie Molina who delivered a clutch three run home run to give the Rangers the lead for good at 5-3. I blurted out "I love all Molinas". Josh Hamilton added two homers and Nelson Cruz also went deep to bury the Yankees on this night and it give the Rangers a commanding 3 games to 1 lead in the series.

Ironically, this day 10/19 marked the four year anniversary of the other Molina blast that killed the Mets in Game 7 of the NLCS against the Cardinals off Aaron Heilman who I hated. As a result, the saying "I love all Molinas" was created when I blurted that out after Yadier did the damage that night.

It should be noted that the Molina brothers (Bengie, Yadier & Jose) have all played a major role in the postseason in the past.

Wednesday afternoon I was able to leave work early so I could attend Game 5 of the ALCS. I went there hoping to see the Rangers win their first pennant but thanks to CC Sabathia it wasn't meant to be on this day. CC and the Yankees staved off elimination by beating the Rangers, 7-2 and forcing a Game 6 in Arlington Friday night.

Thursday night I went home after work to rest up for another busy weekend.

Friday morning before I went to work I went to Avis to rent a car for the weekend.

After work I went back into Queens to pick up the car by the subway and off to Virginia I went.
I drove 380 miles to Verona, Virginia which was about 20 miles passed Harrisonburg where I spent the night. During my drive, I listened to the Yankees lose to the Rangers who advanced to the World Series for the first time.

I got to my hotel just before 1AM.

I woke up in the morning and finished the last 120 miles to Blacksburg, Virginia home of the Virginia Tech Hokies.

I wound up parking for free in the neighborhood just over a mile from the campus where the football stadium was located. I'll go into more detail in a separate post regarding the game experience.

After the game, I decided to take a shot at seeing another college football game in Charlottesville, Virginia which was 148 miles away.

Stay tuned as I recap that adventure along with the Virginia Tech experience.

Sunday I went to Baltimore to see the Ravens play the winless Buffalo Bills.

It was another amazing weekend in the eyes of Royalty.

Please check back for all the details of this great journey.

Thank you for reading.

Yours truly,

Gary Herman

No comments: