Royalty Tours USA

Monday, January 17, 2011

Royalty w/o 1/10 in review‏

This week started slow and finished very strong.

Monday night I went home after work to rest up.

Tuesday night I went to the Nassau Coliseum to see the Islanders take on the league's best, the Vancouver Canucks.

It was a great game to watch. There was action up and down the ice all night long. It was an exciting seesaw battle as both teams traded goals in regulation which ended up in a 3-3 tie. It stayed that way after a five minute overtime session.

The Canucks finally emerged victorious in the shootout, 4-3!

Wednesday night I went home again after work. Thanks to mother nature I had some shoveling to do as well.

Thursday night I was planning to go back to the Nassau Coliseum but mother nature cost me the opportunity to do so. My car was plowed in so I couldn't get there after work.

Friday night I went to Madison Square Garden to see the Knicks play the Kings.

The Knicks played awful in this one as the Kings, the worse team in the league embarrassed the Knicks, 93-83!

Beno Udrih led the way for the Kings as he scored 29 points. He was a force from start to finish. His teammate, DeMarcus Cousins, a rookie from Kentucky, who was drafted fifth overall in the 2010 draft added 16 points and had 10 rebounds.

For the Knicks, Amar'e Stoudemire finished 25 points and 13 boards in the losing effort.

Saturday night I went back to the Nassau Coliseum to see the Islanders play the Buffalo Sabres.

The Islanders cruised to a 5-2 victory as they broke open a 1-0 game in the second period as their future star and former number one pick in the 2009 draft, John Tavares scored three straight goals which is known as a natural hat trick. I don't remember the last time I saw that. It was probably when I saw Wayne Gretzky play back in the day.

Sunday I was in Foxboro for the Boston Massacre. Stay tuned as I write a special post detailing this adventurous day.

Thank you for reading and following along.

Yours truly,

Gary Herman

No comments: