Royalty Tours USA

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Royalty w/o 7/9 in review

Statue of Liberty
With Major League Baseball officially on their All-Star Break, I had to resort to different alternatives to pass time.

Monday night after work I went down to Lower Manhattan to catch the Staten Island Ferry so I could get to the Richmond County Ballpark at St. George, home of the Staten Island Yankees. They were playing the Williamsport Crosscutters.

I met up with my pal Rich Wolber aka Staten Island Rich who has season tickets for them. He has a perk of being able to exchange tickets he doesn't use. As a result, he was able to get me a ticket for the game which included all you could eat food and drink. I was grateful that he was willing and able to accommodate me.
As for the game we saw, the Yankees took a 3-0 lead in the first inning as their first baseman Saxon Butler hit a three run home run to center field. They gave a run back in the second inning to lead 3-1. They proceeded to tack on more runs in the fifth, sixth and seventh innings to build a 9-1 lead. They wound up giving up three runs in the eighth and that's how it ended as the Yankees beat the Crosscutters, 9-4. It turned out to be a nice relaxing night out.

Tuesday night after work I arranged to meet up with my parents who came into town to visit. We went out to dinner at Romano's in Astoria. They brought my niece Taylor and my nephew Jeremy with them. It was great to see them all again. The kids are getting so big.

After we ate, they took me home. I went in and watched the baseball All-Star game which was being played in Kansas City. The game was over early as the National League scored five runs in the first inning against American League starting pitcher Justin Verlander of the Detroit Tigers. Matt Cain of the San Francisco Giants started and pitched the first two innings for the National League. In the third inning, my boy Gio Gonzalez of the Washington Nationals got to pitch. He made me proud as he retired the three batters he faced in order. He struck out Mike Napoli of the Texas Rangers and then he got two Yankees out. Curtis Granderson flew out to left field and he got Derek Jeter to ground out to second base.

The National League added some more runs as they went on to win the game, 8-0. It was the third straight year the senior circuit has won the Midsummer Classic. By doing so, the National League team who plays in the World Series will have home field advantage.

Wednesday night after work I came home and I did my laundry and I packed my bags in preparation for the King and I's road trip down South.

Stay tuned for the special posts that will go into detail about our latest getaway.

Thank you for reading and following along.

Yours truly,

Gary Herman

No comments: