Royalty Tours USA

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Royalty spends my special day in Baltimore/Washington DC seeing an another basketball doubleheader!

After saying goodbye to Frank Anichiarico and Mike Carroll who went back home to NYC, the King and I drove to Aberdeen, Maryland where we spent the night at Super 8.

In the morning we got up and we drove 30 miles to Baltimore and we met up with our friends Peter & Carmen Agnew at the Eichenkranz Restaurant for breakfast to start my special day.

We got to see Rose who waited on us. As always it was a pleasure to see her again. We got to enjoy breakfast and each other's company. After we ate, Rose surprised me when she brought out an ice cream sundae with a candle in it to celebrate my birthday. It was an unexpected thoughtful touch. As a result, I felt extra special. She caught me off guard.

After we finished eating, we said goodbye to Peter & Carmen. I want to thank them for making the time to join us while we were in the area.

Prince at Reitz Arena
The King and I got back in the car and we drove over to Loyola University of Maryland. We went to the Reitz Arena which is the home of the Loyola (MD) Greyhounds of the MAAC Conference. They were playing the Manhattan Jaspers.

As for the game we saw, the Jaspers took an early lead but that was short lived as the Greyhounds raced past them to take a 39-35 lead at halftime. In the second half, the Greyhounds extended their lead to 13 with 13:19 to go in the game. The Jaspers made a comeback but it fell short as the Greyhounds held on to win the game, 63-61 before a crowd of 1,324 who were in attendance.

Erik Etherly of the Greyhounds led the way as he scored a game high 30 points.

After the game, we drove towards Washington DC. We stopped off at Walmart to do some shopping since we had some time on our hands.

When we were done we drove to the Verizon Center in downtown DC where we went to see the Washington Wizards host the Philadelphia 76ers. Thanks to Peter Agnew who gave us a parking pass we got to park the car in the garage that's connected to the arena. As a result, we got in and out of the area fast.
After we parked the car, we took a walk over to Burger King which was a few blocks away for a pre game meal. Since we weren't that hungry, we decided that would suffice to hold us over. It would have been nice to gone somewhere better but given the circumstances, it wasn't that important.

Once we were done we went back to the Verizon Center to see the game.

Prince at Verizon Center
As for the game we saw, the Wizards got off to a good start as they led the 76ers, 26-22 after the first quarter. In the second quarter, the 76ers sliced into the lead as the Wizards led by just one at the intermission, 50-49. In the third quarter, the Wizards regained their four point lead as they led, 72-68. In the fourth quarter, the 76ers took a late lead at 87-84 but they failed to score in the last few minutes as the Wizards scored the last six points of the game to beat them, 90-87.

After the game, we drove back home and we got back at 1:33AM.

Overall I had a great day and I want to personally thank everybody who acknowledged my special day via e-mail, text messages, Twitter and/or Facebook. I was bombarded all day and I felt overwhelmed but I was grateful for all the love I was shown throughout the day. I know I'm truly blessed.

Thank you for reading and following along.

Yours truly,

Gary Herman

No comments: