Royalty Tours USA

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Royalty w/o 3/11 in review

Monday night after work I came home and I got to make dinner. When I was done I was able to relax for a change.

Tuesday night after work I went to downtown Brooklyn. I went to the Atlantic Center Mall where I went to McDonald's to have dinner before I went across the street to the Barclays Center to see the Nets host the New Orleans Hornets.

When I got up to my seat in section 230 row 13, I met up with the King who was already there.

As for the game we saw, the Nets got off to a fast start as they led the Hornets, 28-19. After playing an evenly matched second quarter the Nets still lead, 57-48 at halftime. In the third quarter, the Hornets made a comeback as they got within two after three quarters, they trailed 80-78. In the fourth quarter, the Nets came out strong as they pulled away from the Hornets who ran out of gas as the Nets went to win, 108-98.
Wednesday night after work I went out to the Prudential Center in Newark, NJ. The Devils were taking their division rival, the Philadelphia Flyers.

I wound up getting a pulled pork sandwich for dinner at the Rock. I ate it at my seat in section 226 row 6 where I was joined by the King.

As for the game we saw, the Devils scored first just 2:02 into the game as Patrik Elias lit the lamp to make it 1-0. The Flyers got even when Jakub Voracek found the net 9:45 into the period on the power play to make it a 1-1 hockey game. 36 seconds later, Adam Henrique of the Devils made it 2-1. With 2:42 to go in the period, the Devils got a shorthanded goal from Ilya Kovalchuk which gave the Devils' a two goal advantage after the first period. In the second period, the Devils extended their lead to 4-1 as Andrei Loktionov scored 6:31 into the period. In the third period, the Devils continued to pile it on as Adam Henrique got his second goal of the goal on the power play 1:16 into the period to make it 5-1. The Flyers added a late goal with 3:52 left in the game as Scott Hartnell tallied to close out the scoring as the Devils beat the Flyers, 5-2 in front of a sellout crowd of 17,625 which was comprised of both Flyer and Devil fans.

Thursday night after work I came home and I made dinner. After I ate, I went out and I did my laundry.
Friday night after work didn't go as originally planned. Stay tuned for a special post that will go into detail about the unexpected surprise I got.

Saturday afternoon was another last minute decision. Stay tuned for another special post that will detail how that went.

Saturday night the King & I went back to the Prudential Center to see the Devils play the Montreal Canadiens. We were joined by our pal Vincent Ascanio. It should be noted that there were a good number of Canadien fans in attendance which is usually the case when they come to the area.

In addition, they were a group of people who were fans of the old Quebec Nordiques who moved to Denver back in 1994 and became the Colorado Avalanche. Those people hope that NHL hockey returns to Quebec City some day. For that matter, so do we.

As for the game we saw, he Canadiens got on the scoreboard first when Colby Armstrong scored to make it 1-0 with 11:52 to go in the first period. In the second period, the Devils got the equalizer as defenseman Peter Harrold got his first goal of the season 3:54 into the period. In the third period, the Canadiens broke the tie as Tomas Plekanec buried the biscuit with 13:11 to go to give the Habs as they're called a 2-1 lead. The Devils applied plenty of pressure the rest of the game but they failed to force overtime as they fell short.

Sunday the King and I spent St. Patrick's Day home catching up on the things around the house. At night we went out to the Barclays Center in downtown Brooklyn to see the Nets battle the Atlanta Hawks.

As for the game we saw, the Nets lead the Hawks, 24-21 after the first quarter. In the second quarter, the Hawks out scored the Nets by five to take a 51-49 lead as they headed into the locker room. In the third quarter, the Nets surged ahead again as they took a 73-71 lead. In the fourth quarter, the Hawks stepped it up as they blew past the Nets as they emerged victorious,105-93.

Thank you for reading and following along.

Yours truly,

Gary Herman

No comments: