Royalty Tours USA

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Royalty w/o 4/2 in review

Another royal week of stadium travel has come and gone. What a week it was for me and the lucky people I met new and old during it.

Here's how it went:

Monday night after work I had a much needed night off so I could catch up on my paperwork since like the King, I keep score of every game I attend. That includes all sports in my case: baseball, football, basketball and hockey. In addition, I got to be home to watch TV which is rare. With the Final Four Championship Game between the Wildcats of the University of Kentucky and the Jayhawks of Kansas University on, I decided to tune in. The Wildcats wound up beating the Jayhawks so they were declared the National Champions of men's college basketball.

Tuesday night after work I went to Newark, NJ to see the Devils play the NY Islanders at the Prudential Center. It was most likely my last hockey game for this season. With that being said, I finished with 65 hockey games attended live.

As for the game experience, the King and I were joined by our pal Vincent Ascanio who loves going to sporting events live. He's only 19 so he has a lot of time to catch up to us. He looks up to the King and I as a positive inspiration.

As for the game we saw, the Islanders were playing out the string while the Devils were getting ready for the playoffs to start. It showed on the ice as the Islanders looked disinterested. They went on to lose the game, 3-1. The Devils added an empty net goal late to seal the deal.

Wednesday night after work I went to our favorite local gathering place when we're in town. I'm referring to Donovan's Pub where I met up with the King and our friends Frank Anichiarico and Bryan Gilligan. We needed to make our baseball predictions since the new season was getting ready to officially start here in North America in Miami at the new Marlins Park where the World Champion St. Louis Cardinals were playing the Miami Marlins. This turned out to be the best time for all of us to get together.

We all enjoyed each other's company and the great meals we all ate. While we were there we got to see Eddie Plunkett. Eddie's mother Kathy is a waitress there. She told us when we arrived, he was coming to celebrate his wife's birthday. It was a pleasure as always to see him again.

Thursday I went to work for a half a day. Then I went to Citi Field to see the Mets play the Atlanta Braves on Opening Day.

Stay tuned for all the details of how the Opener went as well as the rest of the memorable Passover and Easter weekend I experienced.

I'll be doing some very special posts about some very deserving people I met up with.
 
True to my word, I cater to all walks of life and people of all ages.

Wait and see what I mean.

Thank you for reading and following along.

Yours truly,

Gary Herman

No comments: