Royalty Tours USA

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Royalty w/o 4/9 in review

Gio Gonzalez signed my score book
After work Monday night I raced over to Citi Field so I could see my boy Gio Gonzalez who now plays for the Washington Nationals. The Nationals were making their first of three visits to Queens.

After accomplishing my mission, I went up to my perch in section 516 where I met the King and the rest of the people we know in our section.

As for the game we saw, the Mets continued their winning ways as Daniel Murphy delivered the game winning hit in the bottom of the ninth inning to give the Mets a 4-3 victory as they improved to 4-0 on the young season.

Kirk Nieuwenhuis hit his first major league home run and we were there to see it.

Tuesday night after work I went back to Citi Field. First I stopped off at Taste of Dolly's where I met up with my pal Manny Bonilla for dinner.

After we ate we got back on the 7 train for one stop to get to Citi Field to see if the Mets could continue their winning ways. They were trying to go 5-0 for the first time since 1985. Ironically that was the year I met the King.

When we arrived we got to see some other members of the royal court as the King and Vincent Ascanio were present and accounted for.

As for the game we saw, the Mets undefeated season ended as the Nationals beat them, 6-2. Well it was fun while it lasted.

Wednesday night after work I came home and I went shopping fast then I did my laundry which was piling up from all the running around I was doing.

Thursday night after work I went to the barber shop to get my haircut and my beard trimmed. That was another necessity.

Stay tuned for the special posts I'm going to do about the Yankee Home Opener as well as the adventurous baseball weekend I had. Please bear with me as I try to find time to catch up.

Thank you for reading and following along.

Yours truly,

Gary Herman

No comments: