Royalty Tours USA

Friday, October 29, 2010

Royalty completes the College Football Doubleheader in the State of Virginia!

Here I am at U-V-A

















I got back to the car at 3:43PM after seeing Virginia Tech beat up Duke, 44-7 in Blacksburg.

Now it was time to get to Charlottesville as soon as possible.

I had to drive 148 miles to get there. Luckily for me I parked in a good spot and I was able to beat the majority of the traffic from the game. I had to drive 11 miles before I was able to get back on the interstate. That being I-81 which goes through Roanoke. After driving on I-81 I had to connect with I-64 which takes you to Charlottesville.

What a scenic and beautiful drive I had to help keep me energized. The foliage was absolutely amazing.

I made great time as I parked the car on the street at 5:55PM within a mile or so of Scott Stadium, home of the Virginia Cavaliers.

The game was starting at 6PM so I knew I would be getting there late given the parameters. I made great time all things considered.

The Cavaliers were playing the Eastern Michigan Eagles for the very first time in their history.

I was outside the stadium and I heard a loud roar. As a result, I missed the Cavalier score the first touchdown of the game. I needed to get a ticket before I could run in.

After asking for a few minutes, a lady came up to me and said here you go, enjoy. I couldn't thank her enough for giving me a ticket.

I proceeded into the stadium and there was 10:25 left in the first quarter when I got in.

I sat down near midfield on the lower level and I scored and observed the rest of the game.

The Eagles fell behind 14-0 then they came back to tie the game at 14 in the second quarter. Just before the half the Cavaliers took the lead for good at 17-14. They went on to blow out the Eagles in the second half. They won the game, 48-21!

Once again the atmosphere was great. The band and the school's fight song made for a memorable evening.

Way to go, U-V-A, UVA!

Stay tuned as I wrap up the weekend journey with the recap of the Ravens and Bills game in Baltimore, Maryland.

Thank you for reading.

Yours truly,

Gary Herman

No comments: