Royalty Tours USA

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Royalty w/o 8/29 in review

Thanks to Hurricane Irene, I was affected by her aftermath. Since I work with people who live in Westchester, I wound up working the full day. They couldn't get to work because Metro-North, their commuter train suspended service due to Irene.

With that being said, I had to miss the whole first game of the doubleheader between the Mets and the Florida Marlins at Citi Field which the Mets wound up winning. I was going to get out of work early so I could see most of the first game but that didn't go as planned.

I wound up seeing the Mets play the second game as they completed the sweep of the twinbill as they squished the Fish, 5-1.

Off the field and in our section 516, I was planning to see the CitiFSHooligan's and Hooligals but it seemed like most of them came for the first game and they either left or went downstairs for the second game so I didn't get to really enjoy their added entertainment.

Tuesday night after work, I went back to Citi Field to see the Mets play game three of the five game series with the Marlins.

On this night, the Mets and Marlins matched zeroes for the first six innings as Mike Pelfrey of the Mets and Javier Vazquez of the Marlins both pitched well. That was true until the seventh inning when Mike Pelfrey unraveled as he got beat up as the Marlins put up a five spot in the top half. Four of those runs were given up by Big Pelf. The Marlins added another run in the ninth as they went on to shutout the Mets, 6-0.

Wednesday night on my way to Citi Field, I stopped off at Subway and Carvel which are located in the same place right off the Junction Blvd. stop on the 7 train which is one express stop from Citi Field. I indulged by having a royal meal at Subway and a hearty dessert at Carvel.

After I stuffed my face, I got back on the train and off to Citi Field I went.

When I arrived at Citi Field, I saw my pal Vincent Ascanio near my seat in section 516. He was supposed to join me for dinner but he had a big lunch so he decided to pass up the golden opportunity. He did ask me how it was. I couldn't come up with enough adjectives to describe it but I did tell him he definitely missed out. He said he'll join me the next time.

I had additional company at the game as I saw an old friend who I grew up with. That was Jonathan Karten who was at the game with his son Matt who was attending his very first baseball game. When I asked Matt what he thought he said he was having a good time. Hopefully his daddy will bring him back again some day.
As for the game we saw, the Mets beat the Marlins, 3-2. The Mets fell behind 2-0 in the first inning. They clawed their way back to tie the score at two in the sixth inning. In the seventh inning, Lucas Duda delivered what proved to be the winning run as he delivered the go ahead hit that secured the victory for the Mets.

Thursday night I went back to Citi Field once again for finale of the five game series.It was my 200th game that I've seen at Citi Field.

The Mets once again fell behind early 2-0 after two innings. They came back and put four runs up in their half of the third inning. They tacked on three more runs in the bottom of the eighth inning to build a 7-2 lead. Luckily they did because they tried their best to give this game away as they barely hung on to win, 7-5.
Friday morning I flew out to Kansas City for the Labor Day weekend.

Check back for the special posts that I'm going to do that will go into extensive detail of the great time I had out in the Heartland.

As always, thank you for reading and following along.

Yours truly,

Gary Herman

No comments: