Royalty Tours USA

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Royalty shows visitors from Australia the way to Yankee Stadium!

Jamil, Joey & I
Last Tuesday night after work I went down to the subway to take the train to the game like I always do.

Sometimes I notice people who seem lost so I take it upon myself to volunteer to help. Over the years, I've attracted people from different parts of the country and occasionally other parts of the world by being me. I treat people as I want to be treated. That's the reason why I ask people if they need help. Some people act scared. That's understandable especially in the crazy world we live in today. You never know what somebody's really up to.

This time I came across a few guys who were going to see a baseball game for the very first time they said. I happened to be with my co-worker, Byron Bruno who was heading home after work.

We got into a conversation with these guys, Jamil and Joey. They said they were from Sydney, Australia. It was perfect timing as we got to talk with them during the ride up to Yankee Stadium. They said they bought tickets online through Ticketmaster. They had to go to will call to get their tickets.

When we got off the subway, I pointed them in the right direction. I suggested that they join me as I was going to pick up some food to bring in. They decided to go and get their tickets instead. They gave me their seat location and when I went inside I met them. They thought they were pressed for time but I wound up beating them to their seats.

I arranged to get them a Yankee Yearbook so they could have a souvenir to bring back home with them. They were very grateful for my thoughtfulness. Before we parted ways, we exchanged contact information.
Jamil told me his cousin plays rugby in Austrailia. If I go there someday, he said he would get me tickets. In addition, he said he would treat me like a VIP.

I do hope to go "down under" someday. If I'm fortunate to do so, I plan to look them up.

It was truly a pleasure to meet and greet these guys. Too bad they were heading back home on Thursday they said. It sounded like they had a great time here in NYC. Too bad we didn't up sooner.

Thank you for reading and following along.

Yours truly,

Gary Herman

No comments: