Royalty Tours USA

Friday, November 23, 2012

Royalty sees Jets win in St. Louis!

Prince at Edward Jones Dome in St. Louis
After we spent the night at Knights Inn in the St. Louis area, the King and I drove to downtown St. Louis to see the Rams host the Jets at the Edward Jones Dome.

We got there early so we could park the car on the street within walking distance of the Dome. It worked out well as we were positioned to get to the airport when the game ended.

We walked over to the Dome and we looked for tickets outside. Surprisingly there were a good number of Jet fans heading into the building.

After looking for a while, we finally found someone who had a few extra tickets. We wound up giving him $30 for the pair.

We proceeded to walk in. We wound up sitting in section 441 with our pal, Ira Lieberfarb aka Ira from Staten Island who sees every Jet home and away game. It was great to see him again.

As for the game we saw, it started slow for the Jets as they fell behind 7-0 when wide receiver Brandon Gibson caught a one touchdown pass with 3:45 left in the first quarter to give the Rams' the early lead. With 44 seconds left in the quarter, the Jets' got on the scoreboard as their kicker Nick Folk kicked a 51 yard field goal to make the score 7-3.

In the second quarter, the Jets had a 26 yard field goal attempt blocked by cornerback Janoris Jenkins with 11:48 left. With 4:31 left until halftime, Mark Sanchez connected with Chaz Schilens on a 25 yard touchdown pass to give the Jets a 10-7 lead. They extended their lead to 13-7 with 57 seconds as Nick Folk booted his second 51 yard field goal of the game.

After playing a scoreless third quarter, the Jets padded their lead to 20-7 as running back Bilal Powell ran in from five yards out with 14:16 left in the fourth quarter. Powell scored another touchdown with 8:29 to go to make it 27-7 as he ran 11 yards this time to add to the lead. The Rams finished the scoring as Brandon Gibson caught another touchdown pass with 5:40 left in the game. This one was from two yards out. They failed to convert on a two point conversion so the score remained 27-13 Jets. That's the way it ended as we ended our getaway on a high note.

After the game, we drove to the airport. We returned the car rental to Hertz. 844 miles were safely driven. Then we caught our flight to Chicago before we landed in NYC at LaGuardia airport just before midnight.

With that being said, another memorable weekend getaway was in the books.

Thank you for reading and following along.

Yours truly,

Gary Herman

No comments: