Royalty Tours USA

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Royalty w/o 10/29 in review

After I got home from MetLife Stadium Sunday night after the Jet game, I wound up staying home for two days thanks to Hurricane Sandy who was on her way up to NYC. While in the house I kept hearing howling sounds as the wind was whipping against the windows. It was very scary to say the least.

As a result, I couldn't go to work for two days. I would have gladly preferred to be at work. It wasn't easy having to stay home. I did get to catch up on things in the house so it wasn't a total waste of time.

Sandy finally calmed down but when she was done, she did plenty of damage. She destroyed lots of property and she inconvenienced many people in the process.

As for the King and I, we were extremely lucky. We didn't have any problems in the aftermath of this horrific storm.

I wish everybody could say the same. Unfortunately that wasn't the case. Many people lost power, some lost property and the City of New York was shut down. The subway which was suspended Sunday night as a precautionary measure at 7PM by the MTA and it didn't start running again until Thursday morning. When it finally did, it had limited service. The King and I were able to get from home to Midtown Manhattan without too much difficulty. For those who live and/or needed to get to Lower Manhattan and Brooklyn it was a nightmare. Those areas were hit very hard by Sandy. There was an incredible amount of flooding in those areas that made matters worse. Tunnels for the subway and the Path train that runs into New Jersey were clogged which is going to take lots of time to be repaired.

Wednesday I finally went back to work but I couldn't take the train to get there. I was forced to take a few buses to get into Manhattan. Then I had to walk the rest of the way. It took me two hours from when I left the house. Normally when I take the subway to work it takes me a half hour from the time I leave the house.
After seeing and hearing what many people went through and are still going through, I count my blessings. Besides the flooding, there was a fire that demolished people's property. This has been a very rough time for those of us who live in the Northeast. There seems to be no end in sight. Some people are still without power. This will take lots of time until things return to normal. In the meantime, we all have to help each other out so we can pull through and get back to living the way we're accustomed to.

With that being said, Thursday night after work I was originally planning to go to the Barclays Center in downtown Brooklyn but the basketball game between the Brooklyn Nets and the New York Knicks was postponed due to Hurricane Sandy. Instead I came home after work and I relaxed and got ready for the busy weekend I had planned.

Friday I went to work. After I got back from lunch, I decided to call Avis to see if they would have a car for me to rent on Saturday morning. They told me they didn't have power and at that time they had no cars to rent. I was caught off guard. I didn't realize that this storm was going to affect me as far as going away was concerned. They told me to call them back early Saturday morning.

Stay tuned for the special posts that I'm going to do that will recap the adventurous weekend I had.

More importantly, if you were affected by Hurricane Sandy, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your families. I hope I can make a difference for you in your healing process. If so, let me know. I'll do my best to lift up your spirits.

Thank you for reading and following along.

Yours truly,

Gary Herman

No comments: