Royalty Tours USA

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Royalty goes to Wrigley Field and Miller Park for our annual visit!

Back in the middle of September the major league baseball was announced, I thoroughly analyzed it and I decided the perfect time for the King and I to make our annual road trip to Chicago and Milwaukee was in the middle of May.

The Mets were going to be away in Houston and the Yankees were home playing the Red Sox. With that being said, we decided that in order to keep our streaks alive in Wrigley Field where we see at least one game every year and Miller Park where we've seen at least one every year since it opened in 2001 we would go this past weekend.

For the record, the King has now seen 104 games at the friendly confines and I've seen 74 there myself. He's gone there every year since 1981 and I've been going there every year since 1988.

As for Miller Park, he has one more than me. I have 18 games seen there and he now has 19.

We've also been to Milwaukee almost every year too except for a precious few when the schedule didn't work out for us to get there back in 1995 and 2000.

It should be noted that I did get to Old County Stadium for 23 games in person. I don't know what the King's exact total was there but it's slightly more than mine, it's probably in the low 30's if I were to take an educated guess. Regardless it's very impressive to say the least.

This trip was more memorable than many of the ones we've taken in the past. Not only did we wound seeing two games in each ballpark, we had a very special occasion to celebrate while we were there too.

Stay tuned for the special post for all the details regarding that. In my eyes, that was the highlight of the weekend and it didn't consist of going to a game either.

In addition, I'll be doing a few other special posts about places to eat in the Chicagoland area.

On the other hand, I'm going to write a separate post that details the different game experiences we had over the weekend.

Please bear with me as I relive these special moments that we enjoyed while we were out there.

Believe me it will be worth waiting for.

As always, I state the facts so you can read about what you missed this time around.

If and when you're ready to get a sample of royal treatment firsthand please let me know so I can accomodate your needs and wants.

In the meantime, I greatly appreciate all of you that read and follow along.

Thank you for your precious time.

Yours truly,

Gary Herman

No comments: