Royalty Tours USA

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Royalty returns to Miller Park unexpectedly thanks to mother nature!

View from Section 422
After suffering through the brutal weather Saturday night, the King and I knew the weather forecast was not going to be any better in Chicago on Sunday.

With that being said, we knew that the Brewers were also home and they were guaranteed to play their game because Miller Park has a retractable roof.

We also knew that we had enough time to get back to O'Hare airport to catch our flight home that was scheduled to depart at 8:15PM Central time.

After we got a good night sleep, we decided to take the smart way out this time. It turned out to be a great decision because Andrew Van Cleve contacted me and he said the Cub game was postponed due to rain.

As much as we wanted to go back to Wrigley Field one more time, it just wasn't meant to be.

I really wanted to see Andrew again and fellow roadtripper Bob DeVries and his fiancĂ© Charlie Cahill were also planning to join us.

In addition, the Giants were planning to start the "Freak" Tim Lincecum.

Instead we drove towards Milwaukee. On the way, we stopped off for breakfast at The Point Pancake House in Gurnee, Illinois which is located right near Six Flags Great America and a nice shopping mall area called Gurnee Mills. It's also only 35 miles from Wrigley Field and 50 miles from Miller Park.

What a way to start our day. I had a breakfast that consisted of the following: Two center cut thick pork chops with apple sauce, two eggs, two pancakes and a bowl of fruit all for a mere $8.95. What a meal it was.

After breakfast, we proceeded to drive to Miller Park to see the Brewers play the Pittsburgh Pirates again at 1:10PM. We barely got there on time.

We wound up sitting upstairs in section 422 right behind home plate.

We got ourselves situated and we started keeping score of the game like we always do when we attend a game.

All of a sudden, a gentleman in the row behind us starting talking to the King. He noticed his notebook that he uses to keep score of all the baseball games he attends for the season.

This guy was very impressed he said. As the game went on, we spoke back and forth.

I joined in the conversation and we wound up exchanging contact information. His name was Pablo Amaya. He said he's from Milwaukee. He was with his girlfriend Allison as well as some other friends. They said they got into the parking lot at 10AM.

They had a great time together. I want to thank them all for keeping us company as they helped us make the most of our altered game plan.

I plan to take in touch with Pablo who said he has an orchestra that plays classical music. He said they've played in NYC in the past. He said he's looking to coming back again next year. I told him to let me know so we can get together.

I told him that I hope to get back to Green Bay some day to see another Packer game. I also said I want to go to see the Wisconsin Badgers play too. Pablo is a big Packer fan and surprisingly he hasn't seen them play at Lambeau Field yet. He did say he saw them when they played at County Stadium back in the day.

I look forward to returning to Milwaukee in the future. If and when we do I'll make sure I contact Pablo so he can join us.

After the game we drove back to Chicago O'Hare airport to catch our flight. We got there with plenty of time to spare. Upon arrival, we found out our flight was delayed due to the horrible weather throughout the day in the area.

We eventually took off at 9:45PM and we land around 12:45AM at New York LaGuardia airport. I proceeded to take the King home fast then I took him to the subway so he could get to work for 2AM. He barely made it. Ironically around that time is when I finally got home.

I got a few hours of sleep and I went off to work.

Another memorable weekend lived up to the hype.

In the future, if and when you're ready to go somewhere please let me know so I can make it happen for you.

Thank you for reading and following along.

Yours truly,

Gary Herman

No comments: