Royalty Tours USA

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Gio Gonzalez of the Oakland A's is an All-Star!

All-Star Pitcher Gio Gonzalez 
As many of my readers and followers know, I'm a big fan of Gio Gonzalez.

He is in the midst of another fine season pitching for the Oakland Athletics.

Today he pitched another gem. He went seven innings against the Arizona Diamondbacks in Oakland. He allowed one run, five hits, he walked three and struck seven and he got run support from teammates to improve to record to 8-5 this season. It was his 30th career major league win. In the process he lowered his earned run average to a mere 2.31 in 109 innings with 106 strikeouts.

I was so happy for him but then I heard even better news that he was selected to go the All-Star Game in Phoenix.

Now that's a well deserved honor and privilege. Gio has come a long way on the major league level the last few years. He's been an All-Star in the minor leagues in the past but now this is the first time he's been selected in the major leagues.

The future looks very bright for Gio. I hope he keeps up the great work.

Most players these days are hard to root for. Gio is the exception to the rule. I've had the honor and privilege of seeing him a number of times during batting practice over the past few years. The more success he has, the nicer he is. I wish there were more legitimate class acts in the game like him. That's my personal opinion. Try to get his attention and you'll see exactly what I mean.

Congratulations, Gio! Hope to see you again at Yankee Stadium soon.

Thank you for reading and following along.

Yours truly,

Gary Herman

No comments: