Royalty Tours USA

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Royalty w/o 5/14 in review

Monday night after work I went to Citi Field to see the Mets play the Milwaukee Brewers as they returned home for a short four game homestand.

On my way there I stopped off at one of my favorite places, Taste of Dolly's. I got a few slices of pizza and a 20 ounce bottle of soda for $5.50. At Citi Field, I can't even get a hot dog for that price.

At the game I was joined by the King, our pal Vincent Ascanio and our friend Frank Anichiarico. As for Frank, he came at the last minute because our buddy Manny Morales had an extra ticket because he was going to the Ranger game instead. He contacted me during the day and he asked me for Frank's phone number because he wanted to give him the ticket. I gave him his number and Frank arranged to meet him at his office to get the ticket. It was very nice of Manny to hook him up.

As for the game we saw, the Mets had a 3-0 lead going into the ninth inning as Miguel Batista pitched well. Frank Francisco came in to pitch and he allowed a run which broke the shutout but the Mets hung on to win, 3-1.

Tuesday night after work I went back to Citi Field to see the second game of this brief two game series. It was the Brewers' only visit to New York this year.

On the way there, I went to Wendy's for dinner.

After I ate, I hopped back on the train and went to the game. This time I was joined by the King and Vincent Ascanio who were at the Phillie game against the Astros in the afternoon at Citizens Bank Park.
Since the King was on vacation this week, I arranged to get him a car for three days so he could drive himself to see some more games.

As for the Met game, the Brewers roughed up Mets' starter Dillon Gee for seven runs as they went on to beat the Mets by a score of 8-0. Zack Greinke pitched seven scoreless innings to pick up the win. Travis Ishikawa hit two home runs and Rickie Weeks added another one to carry the Brew Crew to the easy victory.

Wednesday night after work I went back to Citi Field to see the Mets host the Cincinnati Reds in the first of their two game series.

On my way I went to the game, I went to Subway and Carvel for dinner as well as dessert.

As for the King, he went to Reading, Pennsylvania to see a minor league game first. He drove back and he joined me at Citi Field.

As for the game we saw, the Mets behind a solid pitching performance by Johan Santana lead 3-2 after six innings. The Mets' bullpen proceeded to blow the game as the Mets fell to the Reds, 6-3. Todd Frazier of the Reds delivered the big blows as he homered twice. Once in the seventh inning to tie the game and again in the eighth inning to win it as Mets' reliever Jon Rauch imploded.

Thursday I went home after work since the Mets played an afternoon game. The King went there then he drove to Allentown, Pennsylvania to see the Lehigh Valley IronPigs play.

As for me, I went home and I did my laundry and I rested up for my big weekend road trip.

Stay tuned for the different special posts I'm going to do about this epic getaway. Please check back it will be worth your while to do so.

Thank you for reading and following along.

Yours truly,

Gary Herman

No comments: