Royalty Tours USA

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Royalty w/o 8/8 in review

Monday night after work I went out to Citi Field to see the Mets play the San Diego Padres who were making their first and only appearance at Citi Field this season as they opened up a four game series.

As for the game, the Mets and Padres went back and forth in this one. It turned out to be a wild night at the ball yard. The Mets lead early on, 4-1. The Padres came back to tie the score at four in the sixth inning. They broke the tie in the top of the eighth inning as they scored four more runs to take a 8-4 lead off the Mets lousy bullpen. The Mets stormed back with two more in the bottom half. With score remaining 8-6 Padres going to the bottom of the ninth inning, we fastened our seat belts hoping for the tide to turn again. Heath Bell came on to try and close it out for the Padres. Instead the Mets singled him to death as Lucas Duda delivered the big game winning hit up the middle that scored two to make the Mets winners, 9-8.

Tuesday night I went back to Citi Field in hope of seeing more heroics on the field.

I got a lot more than I bargained for as we had some added entertainment in the stands in our section 516.
Stay tuned for the special post I'm going to write to explain in detail what transpired during the game.

As for the game on the field, the Mets and Padres battled it out again. The Padres and Mets went back and forth in the middle innings. The Padres broke through first scoring two runs in the top of the fourth inning. The Mets responded with two of their own to even the score. The Padres regained the lead in the fifth inning, 4-2. It stayed that way until the Mets batted in the eighth inning. Angel Pagan lead off with a solo home run that put the Mets within one at 4-3. They scratched and clawed their to tie the score again at four thanks to a sacrifice fly by pinch hitter Nick Evans after they loaded the bases thanks to a few hits, a sacrifice bunt and an international walk. The Padre bullpen blew the game as they proceeded to walk Ronny Paulino to reload the bases then they walked Ruben Tejada to give the Mets the lead, 5-4. Thankfully Jason Isringhausen was able to hold down the lead this time as the Mets came away with another dramatic home victory.

Wednesday night after work I met up with my Cousin Andy who was going to join me for the game. On the way to Citi Field we met up for a pregame dinner at Subway which is connected to a Carvel right off the 7 train at the Junction Blvd. stop. Needless to say, we both had a "royal" meal and we got a tremendous deal. If you don't believe me then ask my Cousin. He always gets the royal treatment when he sees me and that's not just because he's family. That's just the royal way of how we roll at home or away. What else can I say.
Once we finally arrived at Citi Field we were greeted by my boy Vincent Ascanio. He was all smiles when I told him about our "royal" dinner and dessert. After all, he's the one who told me about it.

We all got situated for the game in our seats in section 516 row 3. As we did I was greeted by a number of familiar faces who were in the house too. We had our pal Manny Morales there, Frank Anichiarico, Al Linderman and a very special guest was there as well.

Stay tuned as I go into further detail in a separate post regarding this amazing young man. This will definitely be a must read.

As for the game, the Mets ran out of luck. They fell behind early, 5-0. They fought back to get within two at 5-3 but they couldn't stop the Padres as they extended their lead. The Mets eventually lost, 9-5.

Thursday was an afternoon game so since I was working I had to skip it. After work I went home to rest up and recharge the batteries.

Friday night after work I went up to the Bronx to see the Yankees play the Rays. With CC Sabathia pitching, I expected to see a decent game.

Unfortunately CC who sailed through the first two innings decided it was time to serve up batting practice. He certainly did. He wound up giving up five solo home runs to the Rays as they went on to beat the Yankees, 5-1.

On Saturday afternoon, I went back to the Bronx again. Before the game, the Yankees had a special pregame ceremony for their Captain Derek Jeter who back on July 9th joined the 3,000 hit club. Jeter was honored by his teammates and the Yankee organization for becoming the first player to get 3,000 hits all in pinstripes. They gave him some really special gifts so he can always remember this special milestone for the rest of his life.

As for the game, the Yankees proceeded to beat up the Rays, 9-2.

On Sunday afternoon, I was planning to go back to the Bronx for the finale of the three game series but mother nature wouldn't cooperate as it rained all day and the game was postponed.

Thank you for reading and following along.

Remember to check back for the two special posts I'm going to do. Trust me you don't want to miss them.

Yours truly,

Gary Herman

No comments: