Royalty Tours USA

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Royalty wraps up the road trip in Washington D.C.

View from Nationals Park
After we left Twinsburg, Ohio we continued on to our Nation's capital.

I apparently had my mind in auto pilot when we were cruising along the highway. For some reason, I went on I-80 instead staying with I-76 which becomes the Pennsylvania Turnpike.

The King was in the back seat and he wasn't paying attention at the time. No big deal. We just got to take a more scenic and less expensive alternative. More importantly, we had the time to do so.

We finally arrived in the Washington D.C. area around 6PM for the 7:05PM first pitch.

We parked in a lot for $5.00 and we took a nice walk to the ballpark in the blazing heat.

In retrospect, being in the car slightly longer was actually a good thing.

Wisely we had our tickets in advance for this game since it Jayson Werth Bobblehead Doll night for the first 15,000 fans.

They had a big walk up crowd at the box office. Despite the heat, people decided they needed to spend some quality time at the ballpark.

For those who got in late they missed all the action as Jayson Werth was the hero on his Bobblehead night as he blasted a three run homer over the centerfield fence to account for all the scoring in this one as the Nationals beat the Mets, 3-0.

We did have a pleasant surprise too. When I was checking out Facebook, I noticed another Stadium Journey writer was in the building. I'm talking about Geoff Crawley, who's a big fan of the Philadelphia teams. He happened to come to this game with a group of people. I wrote to him and he came up to meet and greet us. It was very nice of him to do so. I hope to see him again down the road.

After the game, we drove to the King's Castle if you will and we got some sleep. Three hours or so that is.
The King and I had to get up to play softball early in the morning. On the way to the field, we dropped off Paul Derrick at the airport so he could catch his flight home to Houston. I purposely arranged it so he would have plenty of time to catch his 10:29AM flight.

Overall, it was a very memorable week indeed. I want to personally thank Paul for coming in and joining us as we showed him exactly how Royalty rolls home and away.

I know he was very grateful for the opportunity and we were thrilled to have him along for the ride.
I look forward to doing it again in the future.

As for the King and I, after we played our two softball games we still went to Yankee Stadium to see the Yankees beat the Orioles, 4-2.

After the game on my way home I returned the car to Avis that I rented for 9 days. I wound up driving 3,510 miles altogether.

Once I checked the car in, the trip was officially over.

I want to take the time to personally thank all those that were able to join us along the way to help make this journey of a lifetime for Paul even more memorable. For those that weren't able to make it, you were there with us in spirit. Hopefully we'll meet up again in the near future.

Stay tuned for my w/o 8/1 in review. I'm trying my best to play catch up.

As always, my assistance is always available if and when you decide you need me.

Don't hesitate to ask, I love to make life better for others. I live the life of royalty on a daily basis so I never mind sharing a taste of what it's like.

Thank you for reading and following along.

Yours truly,

Gary Herman

No comments: