Royalty Tours USA

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Kansas City here I come and then some over Labor Day Weekend!

Back on December 30, 2010 when I was at the Pinstripe Bowl at Yankee Stadium, I had my good friends from Kansas, Dorothy Straney and her Mom with me.

They were dressed up in their Wildcat colors that being purple and silver to see their Kansas State Wildcats play. I told them I'm finally going to get the "Wildcat" off my back.

True to my word this time, I have booked a trip to go back to the Heartland over Labor Day weekend.

Here's the game plan:

I'll be flying out there on Friday September 2nd on American Airlines. I leave New York-LaGuardia Airport at 7:45AM Eastern Time. I have a connecting flight in Dallas-Ft. Worth and I land in Kansas City at 1:40PM Central Time.

Upon arrival I'm going to rent a car from Alamo and drive myself to Des Moines, Iowa which is about 200 miles from KC.

I'm going to see the following game there:

Friday September 2nd Omaha Storm Chasers at Iowa Cubs 7:05PM

After the game, I'm going to drive back to the Kansas City area where I'll be spending the night to sleep.

Saturday September 3rd I'll be going with Dorothy and her Mom to Manhattan, Kansas for the following:

Eastern Kentucky Colonels at Kansas State Wildcats 6PM

As Dot says and I quote "it's going to be a hoot." Trust me I can't wait to see those 'Cats!

Sunday September 4th I'll be seeing the Kansas City Royals play the surprising Cleveland Indians at Kauffman Stadium at 1:10PM.

I plan to see my boy Chris Coats aka Superfan who attends all the Royal home games as well as many on the road.

I most likely will have to leave this game earlier because I have to catch my flight on Frontier Airlines at 6:15PM to come back home. I arrive at LaGuardia Airport at 9:59PM Eastern Time. It's the last flight out of KC.

Monday September 5th I'll be renting a car so the King and I can go from the Yankee game in the afternoon at 1:05PM with the Baltimore Orioles to Philadelphia that night to see the Phillies play the Braves in a National League East Showdown at 7:05PM at Citizens Bank Park.

If you want to join me along the way please feel free to do so. All you have to do is let me know so I can arrange to make it happen.

Stay tuned when I get back so I can fill you in on how it played out. I promise it's going to be a "royal" blast.

Thank you for reading and following along.

Yours truly,

Gary Herman

No comments: