Royalty Tours USA

Friday, August 13, 2010

Don Steiger gets royal treatment in Batavia, NY thanks to the USRT!

Don Steiger throws out ceremonial first pitch
Dear Andrew and Pete,

I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed meeting you two, and that it meant a lot to me that you would take the time to slide across the border to meet me late in the evening on a school night.... :)

I really appreciated you setting in motion a very special moment, along with a major assist from Travis Sick and Russ Salway of the Muckdogs front office, in bestowing the honor upon me to throw out the first pitch at Tuesday's game. And to top the evening thrills off, Russ came over and introduced himself, then was kind enough to share that he and the Muckdogs appreciated my being there and my support. Then he presented me with an official League baseball signed by the entire team!


Gary, thank you again for nudging me to contact Pete and Andrew. They helped make a good trip into a never-to-be-forgotten one.


I can't thank you all enough. I've been on the phone with family and friends back home wowing them with the incredible experiences on this trip which I owe to ALL of you.


Thanks again Gary, Andrew, Pete, Russ and Travis! I'll close here as it's about 10 minutes until the gates open for Wednesday's Muckdogs game. We're going to get even tonight! :)

Sincerely,

Don Steiger


P.S. If you're planning to go to the Buffalo area and you want to get royal treatment please contact Andrew and Peter aka USRT.


Here's the link to their great website and blog which is also located on my blog list:


http://www.thesportsroadtrip.com/


Royal treatment can be experienced directly and/or indirectly.  I personally can't thank this guys enough for rolling out the red carpet to a perfect stranger.

Don and his son Donnie had treated me to dinner at TGIF Friday's in St. Louis. For more details, please see my previous post "The Gateway to the West".

No comments: