Royalty Tours USA

Monday, August 9, 2010

Royalty w/o 8/2 in review

Monday night after work I went to Yankee Stadium to see the Yankees play the Toronto Blue Jays. Early in the game between innings they did a  special video tribute in honor of their late Captain Thurman Munson who died tragically 31 years to the day. To show respect, I did a special post. Please feel free to take a look if you haven't already done so.

As for the game that night, A.J. Burnett who started  for the Yankees got lit up for 8 earned runs as the Blue Jays held on to beat the Yankees, 8-6!

Brendan Morrow pitched for the Blue Jays and he won the game despite giving up 5 runs himself. He did strikeout 9 batters in the process.

Speaking of Brendan Morrow yesterday he came within one out of pitching a no-hitter. He wound up giving one hit as the Blue Jays beat the Rays, 1-0 in Toronto. He struck out 17 Rays. What a performance that was.

Tuesday night after work I went back to Yankee Stadium. Ricky Romero, the Blue Jays starting pitcher gave me a rare treat by going the distance.

He gave up a two run home run to Mark Teixeira in the first inning after he walked a batter then he proceeded to shut the Yankees down the rest of the night. He gave one other hit which was an infield single to Marcus Thames in the 5th inning.

The Blue Jays cruised to an easy victory, 8-2!

Wednesday I was working when the Yankees played an afternoon game. A-Rod  was still looking for 600th home run. He didn't waste any more time. In his first at bat in the bottom of the first inning, he finally did it. To find all the details, please read the special post I wrote if you haven't already done so.

That night after work I took a long train ride to Coney Island to see the Brooklyn Cyclones play the Batavia Muckdogs. I stopped off at Nathan's to have a few hot dogs and fries before I went into the ballpark.

As for the game, it was nice and fast for a change, it took only 2 hours and 3 minutes to play. Mind you it took just as long just to get home afterwards.

The Cyclones won the game, 4-0!

Thursday night after work I came home to rest and recharge the batteries.

Friday night I went to the Bronx to see the Red Sox play the Yankees.

It turned out to be a great night for me and for some special people who I met we're visiting NYC for the very first time. Stay tuned because I'm going to do a special detailed post regarding that. It was a prime example of what royal treatment is all about.

As for the game itself, Clay Buchholz of the Red Sox pitched very well to lead the Red Sox to a 6-3 victory.

Ryan Kalish, a Red Sox rookie, hit his first major league home run, a two run blast which was big because it gave the Red Sox a three run cushion at the time. It wasn't the first time this season that royalty saw him play. Back on April 24th and April 25th we saw him play for the Red Sox Double A affiliate, the Portland Sea Dogs when they played those days against the Trenton Thunder, the Yankees farm team. He wound up getting a single and a sacrifice fly on the 24th and a run scoring double on the 25th.

Saturday afternoon we went back to the Bronx for the second game of  the series. The Yankees went on to win this one, 5-2! CC Sabathia their ace was dominant. He pitched great for 8 innings until it was time for Mariano Rivera to come in to pick up a cheap save as the King likes to call it. Believe me, CC could have and should have finished the game. Thanks to manager Joe Girardi he wasn't allowed to.

After the game, we went to Donavan's Pub for a nice post game dinner. For more details, please see my newly created restaurant review link on my home page.

Sunday afternoon we wound up in Staten Island watching the "other " Yankees in town play. The "baby" Yankees beat the Williamsport Crosscutters, 6-3!

While I was at the game, I stopped off at the Group Sales table to say hello to my buddy John DeLuca, the Group Sales Coordinator for the Staten Island Yankees. He told me he read my review of the ballpark and he told me how well written it was. With that being said, he made me feel real good. I told him to keep up the great marketing job.

If you want to attend a Staten Island Yankee game I suggest you round up at least 10 people and either call John at (718) 313-1336 and/or e-mail him at jdeluca@siyanks.com. Tell him Royalty Tours USA referred you. In my absence, he'll give you royal treatment.   

For further details regarding the Staten Island Yankee experience see the special post I wrote that has the official review of the ballpark which I did for my fellow roadtripper and founder of the website, Stadium Journey, Paul Swaney. 

That post is also conveniently located on my home page right under the about me segment. Just click on it and it will pop right up for your viewing pleasure..

In addition, if you want to have a better idea of what to expect from all the different ballparks around the country I strongly suggest you take a good look at Stadium Journey when you have some spare time. Paul and his partners as well as other sports enthusiasts have done a tremendous job scouting out for these places to give people tips and a real feel before they go so they know what they should expect. In this day and age, the last thing you want to do is waste your precious time.

Here's the link:

http://www.stadiumjourney.com/

I'm a big believer in the "5P's" that being "prior planning prevents poor performance".

Please feel free to take my advice and wait and see how it works wonders for you. I know for a fact it does for me.

After we left Staten Island, it was time to return to the Bronx for the Sunday night ESPN game between the Yankees and the Red Sox.

Upon arrival, we found out that scheduled starting pitcher A.J. Burnett was scratched due to an injury. Dustin Moseley took his place. He pitched well for 6 and a third innings before giving way to the bullpen which culminated with Mariano Rivera throwing one pitch to secure the last out as the Yankees won again, 7-2!

In the second inning, Derek Jeter got a run scoring single. More importantly, it was the 2,874th hit of his major league career which allowed him to pass the legendary Babe Ruth on the all time hits list.

With all that said, another week of my life is in the books.

Don't forget to check back for that special post I'm going to write.

Thank you for reading and following along.

Yours truly,

Gary Herman








      

                              

No comments: