Royalty Tours USA

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Royalty goes to Oriole Park at Camden Yards to see the battle of the birds!

Sunday afternoon July 14th after I had a great breakfast at Eichenkranz Restaurant, I went to Oriole Park at Camden Yards to see the battle of the birds. The Baltimore Orioles were hosting the Toronto Blue Jays in the last game before the All-Star break. After I parked the car on the street in the neighborhood, I started walking over to the ballpark. It didn't take me long to start sweating. It was a hot day outside.

Upon entry into the ballpark, I got an Oriole hat they gave out. As a result, I was able to wear it to cover my head from the sun. I very rarely wear a hat but I thought it was a wise decision to do so on this day. I proceeded to walk out to the team store out in right field so I could get my MLB passport book stamped & validated for my visit.

My stamp & validation from Camden Yards
Once I was done, I headed upstairs to the upper deck so I could sit behind home plate under the overhang in the shade. When I finally got up there, I was sweating from the heat. Luckily as the day went on it, a breeze started to blow which made it more tolerable.

View from section 336 
As for the game I saw, the Orioles set the tone early after they got the Blue Jays out in the top of the first inning. The Orioles responded with four runs off Josh Johnson who started for the Blue Jays. The outburst included a two run double by first baseman Chris Davis who was wrapping up an amazing first half of the season. He added his league leading 37th home run a few innings later as the Orioles opened up a 6-0 lead. The Blue Jays got two back to make it a 6-2 game. The Orioles extended their lead to 7-2 when center fielder Adam Jones added a solo homer. The Blue Jays tacked on a few more runs late but they fell short as the Orioles beat them, 7-4. Starter Scott Feldman of the Orioles pitched seven and a third innings allowing three runs to earn the victory. Josh Johnson who gave up all seven runs in six innings took the loss.

Thankfully the game was played in a timely fashion for a change. It ended at 4:11PM. As a result, I was able to go to nearby Aberdeen to see a minor league game that was starting at 5:35PM.

Stay tuned for the details of that as my latest adventurous weekend getaway was winding down.

Thank you for reading and following along.

Yours truly,

Gary Herman

No comments: