Royalty Tours USA

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Royalty meets up with fellow roadtripper Dave Block aka the Gratitude Guy in Milwaukee!

After the King & I survived the 15 inning marathon game at Citi Field on Fourth of July, we made our way out towards Milwaukee, Wisconsin. We went to McDonald's to get some food to take out after the game. We ate it in the car as we finally got to escape from New York.

We wound up stopping in Maumee, Ohio which is just outside of Toledo just after 2AM Eastern Time. We stayed at Days Inn. By doing so, we had 340 miles left to drive to Milwaukee on Friday July 5th. Thankfully we were gaining an hour due to the time zone change. We got some sleep and then we woke up in the morning & we went to Waffle House which was nearby before we got back on the highway finish the mission.

We finally arrived in Oak Creek, Wisconsin which is a suburb of Milwaukee around 4:30PM Central Time. It's also right up the road from the airport. We went to MainStay Suites where we met up with fellow roadtripper and huge fan of ours, Dave Block aka the Gratitude Guy. Dave was able to get us a royal deal at the hotel so we all got to split the expense. It worked out really well. He had arrived earlier in the day as he flew in from San Diego where he lives to join us for the weekend. As a result, he was able to check in to the hotel early. We went inside and we dropped off our bags.

Branded Steer
Once we got situated, we went next door to have a pre game dinner at the Branded Steer, a Wood Grill Rotisserie & Saloon before I drove us all to Miller Park which was ten miles away to see the Brewers host the Mets. As for our meal, it was excellent. We ordered chicken wings which were delicious as an appetizer. I then had wood grilled salmon for my main course. The King ordered pork chops and Dave had ribs. We were all very satisfied customers. It was a perfect way to cap off a long tiring day.

Prince at Miller Park
When we got done, we went to Miller Park. We got there with just enough time to spare. We wound up sitting in the upper deck in section 423 behind home plate. We sat down and we relaxed. Shortly thereafter, we got a surprise visit from our pal Marc Beck from NYC who was also at the game with his wife and daughter. It was so nice of him to come up and spend some time with us.

As for the game we saw, the Mets and the Brewers played another long game. The Mets eventually won, 12-5. Zack Wheeler pitched and he struggled to get through five innings. He did pick up the win. In addition, he also got his first major league hit in the third inning. The bottom line is a win is a win. After suffering the day before at Citi Field, we'll take it. Quite amazingly, we drove 895 miles to see it.

Stay tuned as I'm going to do another special post as our weekend getaway continued through the Midwest.

Thank you for reading and following along.

Yours truly,

Gary Herman

No comments: