Royalty Tours USA

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Royalty w/o 7/8 in review

Monday morning before I went to work I returned the car I rented from Dollar despite getting only a few hours sleep.

After work, tired and all I still went up to the Bronx to see the Yankees open a four game series with the Kansas City Royals. Before I went into the Stadium, I stopped off at Burger King for a pre game meal.
When I finally got up to my seat in section 420B, I was greeted by some familiar faces. I'm referring to William Frank Guthrie, Steve Tepperman and Larry Peim who were also there.

As for the game we saw, the Royals got a well pitched game from their starter Jeremy Guthrie who allowed a run over six and two thirds innings to emerge victorious as the Royals beat the Yankees, 5-1. It should be noted there was a 59 minute rain delay during the game too. That just made my night out even longer.

Tuesday night after work I returned to the Bronx for game two of the series. More importantly, I met up with my Cousin Andy when I got off the train. It was his special day so I arranged to spend the night with him. I took him to the Court Deli Restaurant for dinner then we went into the Stadium. It was great to see him again. We did the same two years ago when Derek Jeter got his 3,000th career hit. What a day that was.
When we got upstairs, we were joined by my pals Al Linderman & William Frank Guthrie who came back for more.

As for the game we saw, the Royals once again beat the Yankees. This time they won, 3-1. The Yankees scored the first run of the game in the first inning but that's all they managed to get. CC Sabathia gave up a few solo homers to David Lough & Billy Butler. He also gave up a run scoring double to Eric Hosmer which accounted for the Royals' offense. CC did go the distance in the losing effort.

Wednesday night after work I went back for more as I saw game three of the series. This time I stopped off at the New Sunflower Chinese restaurant for my pre game meal. I had fried scallops and fries. When I finished I walked over to Yankee Stadium.

This time I was joined by my pals Rich Wolber and Frank Anichiarico.

As for the game we saw, the Yankees got a solid pitching performance from Ivan Nova who went eight strong innings to back the much needed offense that they gave him as Robinson Cano hit a three run homer in the third inning & Lyle Overbay added an opposite field grand slam to left field as the Yankees beat up the Royals, 8-1.

Thursday night after work I went home and I did my laundry as I got ready for the big weekend getaway I had to Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Baltimore & Aberdeen, Maryland.

Stay tuned for a number of different special posts I'm going to do that will recap it.

Thank you for reading and following along.

Yours truly,

Gary Herman

No comments: