Royalty Tours USA

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Coach USA Bus experience going back from New Meadowlands Stadium on Sunday after Jet game

After the nightmare I experienced with the train after the Jet game on Monday against the Ravens, I decided I'll take the bus back like I've done for the last 5 years on a regular basis.

The experience was slightly better than the train mess.

To get the bus you need to walk out of the Pepsi gate and go towards the Timex building to pick up the bus. It's good exercise. In addition, you get to see those who drove and had parking passes sit in bumper to bumper traffic trying to exit the parking lot since they block off some of the exits.

Once I got to the pick up area for the bus, there was a long line but since they had a number of buses lined up it moved quickly. You need to make sure you bring your patience when you go to and from the game.

Once I got on the bus it wasn't that bad. There was traffic leaving the stadium area.

Once we got on the highway to go towards the Lincoln Tunnel I noticed traffic was building up again. I was sitting towards the middle of the bus. I yelled out to the driver to use the service road since I know from my own past driving experiences that is a great way to cut down on some of the Sunday traffic we were heading into. The driver didn't take my advice at first. Luckily shortly thereafter he had a second chance to get off and wisely he did.

Of course the people on the bus get a laugh and they didn't have a clue of how much I knew.

After that we managed to move along. There was a problem with the police on the scene that was causing the added delay.

Finally we got to the Lincoln Tunnel and we went right through.

The bus dropped us off at the Port Authority Bus Terminal. I then proceeded to take the subway back to Queens to pick up my car and I drove myself home.

After all, it worked out well all things considered.

The bottom line is no matter what way you go you have to deal with the consequences. Just prepare yourself mentally and you'll get through it.

When you need sound advice you should consult Royalty so you always know before you go.

Thank you for reading.

Yours truly,

Gary Herman

No comments: