Royalty Tours USA

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Volcanoes Stadium in Salem-Keizer, Oregon

Volcanoes Stadium
After watching the Ducks play in Eugene, I went to see the Salem-Keizer Volcanoes, the San Francisco Giants affiliate play a minor league baseball game against the Eugene Emeralds, the San Diego Padres farm club.

The stadium is known as the "Crater" and it's located right off I-5 exit 260A which was on my way back to Wilsonville where I was staying for two nights at Super 8.

In addition, my friend Kevin Feist, who coaches high school baseball played at that field. His son Caleb played there and won back-to-back State Championships on that field as well.

It's quite ironic that the Feist family had such an impact on me on Saturday.

Kevin also told me to ask for Jerry Howard, who's a team executive.

After getting settled in, I walked around and I asked a gentleman with a staff shirt on if he knew where Jerry Howard was. He said I'm Jerry Howard so I introduced myself to him.

I told him I know Kevin Feist. Just like that I received royal treatment.

Jerry told me he's a 68 year Duck so he was very happy with the Duck game. I told him I was at the game.

He also introduced me to the owners of the team who were from NY as well.

I got to spend most of the game in the diamond club suite as a result.

As for the game itself, it was scoreless for 9 innings then in the 10th inning the Volcanoes erupted when their centerfielder Gary Brown delivered the game winning hit to give them a 1-0 victory.

I want to thank the owners and Jerry Howard for treating me so special.

I had a blast while I was there.

Furthermore, I plan to do a Stadium review for Stadium Journey on this ballpark too.

Stay tuned for my return to Seattle on Sunday.

Thank you for reading.

Yours truly,

Gary Herman


No comments: